Re: Starting problem 1987 Corvette coup

I had a similar problem with my '87.

The VATS can not like the "chip" (it's really just a resistor with one of about a dozen values) because it gets a poor connection. If the VATS doesn't like the "chip" in the key, you gotta wait five minutes before it will start. I'd suggest spending those five minutes puttng the key in and out to clean up the contacts.

I've seen VATS bypass widgets in the MidAmerica catalog.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet