Re: Time for tire

Firestone has a run flat at a good price, front $210, rear $295.
Never had a brake noise problem on the C6 but did on the Chevy truck I drive. Went to Powerslot rotors and haven't had a problem since. Soft pads may be the answer since OEM in most cases are rather hard, easy change.
My top, tinted, has never made a noise except when I might be in a hard twist getting into a sloped driveway. The problem you have may have a fix if the reason can be pin pointed, such as adjustment issues, a bad latch, or maybe even bad installation of the weather stripping. That you're going to need a good body man at your dealer or a competent independent. Myself it would never get back to the dealer for that and I would take the time to figure it out and fix it myself. Most of the time the problem will identify itself by the chaffing marks it leaves.
Good luck.
Corvette. TIme for me to get a new set of tires. Where's a good, inexpensive place to go? While I know they are expensive I don't want to have to spend an arm and a leg or a lot more than I need to. I don't need racing tires but I don't want shoddy ones either.<BR><BR>Also, ever since I got my car the breaks squeak. I've been back to the dealer a few times and once he cut the rotors and it stopped squeaking - for a few days but then it returned. Am I right to insist that an expensive car such as this should not have squeaky brakes?<BR><BR>Finally, as you may know the clear top has an issue with making noises too at the place where it connects in the front. GM has a fix for this and the dealer implemented the fix. Yet the squeaks remain. For the life of me I don't understand why they don't just use some felt strip to eliminate such squeaking. Anybody know of a fix.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR> <DIV class=moz-signature>-- <BR><A href="http://defaria.com ">Andrew DeFaria</A><BR><SMALL><FONT color=#999999>Never argue with a fool; he will soon beat you with his experience.</FONT></SMALL> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

I tried firestone.com which redirected me to bridgetonetire.com and plugged in 2008 Chevy Corvette and got http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/SearchByVehicle_BS_EN.aspx?Year=2008&Make=Chevrolet&Model=Corvette +(Base)+Coupe+and+Convertible+Front:
We're sorry, we don't currently produce a tire that matches your vehicle's original equipment tire size, load range and speed rating combination.
Tirerack.com search for C6 matched pairs, second page.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireResults.jsp?RunFlat=All&rearWidth (5%2F&rearDiameter&rearRatio5&frontWidth$5%2F&frontDiameter&frontRatio@&frontSortCodeT000&rearSortCodeW950&compareList=&compare=true&goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompareTireResults.jsp&newCompare=true&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Corvette+C6+Coupe&autoYear 05&autoModClar=Performance+Handling+Package&vehicleSearch=true&minLoad=LL&minSpeedRating=Z&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=%28Y%29&startIndex&sortValue=1&filterType=all&resultsNumberSelected=Y&displayResults
wrote:

I tried firestone.com which redirected me to bridgetonetire.com and plugged in 2008 Chevy Corvette and got http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/SearchByVehicle_BS_EN.aspx?Year 08&Make=Chevrolet&Model=Corvette+(Base)+Coupe+and+Convertible+Front:
We're sorry, we don't currently produce a tire that matches your vehicle's original equipment tire size, load range and speed rating combination.
Company and personal web page design is still more of a "see what I can do" than it is about the customer/viewer. Those with movies, useless colors like dark backgrounds, 101 complex sponsors logos, massive amounts of changing graphics, multiple layers just to find the smallest amount of useful information, are resource hogs and annoying. Most of the time if I attempt to load a page that goes blank with the little indicator telling me to "wait while it loads", that adds more resource use, I don't, and go somewhere else to get what I want. Tire Rack is on the edge of usefulness but then they deal with a tremendous amount of products and are by far the best game in town and often have a good price. Your experience with Firestone is typical of large companies that pay a geek to make a lavish homepage that says nothing and takes forever to load. Somehow they, GM is one big offender, still don't get it that the person logging onto their web page isn't there for a show but to get in, get what they want, and get out. (Rant off)
If you switch to the Fierstone let us know what you think of them. I need rear tires but I'm hesitant to make a brand change for one axle. I did notice that the Goodyear Supercar EMT had gone down $20 each when I looked at for Firestone and may still go with them for $100 more each.
type="cite">Tirerack.com search for C6 matched pairs, second page. <BR><BR><A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireResults.jsp?RunFlat=All&amp ;rearWidth=285%2F&amp;rearDiameter=19&amp;rearRatio=35&amp;frontWidth=245%2F&amp;frontDiameter=18&amp;frontRatio=40&amp;frontSortCode=54000&amp;rearSortCode=57950&amp;compareList=&amp;compare=true&amp;goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompareTireResults.jsp&amp;newCompare=true&amp;autoMake=Chevrolet&amp;autoModel=Corvette+C6+Coupe&amp;autoYear=2005&amp;autoModClar=Performance+Handling+Package&amp;vehicleSearch=true&amp;minLoad=LL&amp;minSpeedRating=Z&amp;speed_rating=Z&amp;speed_rating=W&amp;speed_rating=Y&amp;speed_rating=%28Y%29&amp;startIndex=10&amp;sortValue=1&amp;filterType=all&amp;resultsNumberSelected=Y&amp;displayResults=10">http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireResults.jsp?RunFlat=All&amp ;rearWidth=285%2F&amp;rearDiameter=19&amp;rearRatio=35&amp;frontWidth=245%2F&amp;frontDiameter=18&amp;frontRatio=40&amp;frontSortCode=54000&amp;rearSortCode=57950&amp;compareList=&amp;compare=true&amp;goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompareTireResults.jsp&amp;newCompare=true&amp;autoMake=Chevrolet&amp;aut oModel=Corvette+C6+Coupe&amp;autoYear=2005&amp;autoModClar=Performance+Handling+Package&amp;vehicleSearch=true&amp;minLoad=LL&amp;minSpeedRating=Z&amp;speed_rating=Z&amp;speed_rating=W&amp;speed_rating=Y&amp;speed_rating=%28Y%29&amp;startIndex=10&amp;sortValue=1&amp;filterType=all&amp;resultsNumberSelected=Y&amp;displayResults=10</A></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks. But it certainly says something when one cannot easily find such a thing on the manufacture's site themselves!!! Almost makes me not want to shop there...<BR> <DIV class=moz-signature>-- <BR><A href="http://defaria.com ">Andrew DeFaria</A><BR><SMALL><FONT color=#999999>Are the kids on the Barney Show just too damn happy?</FONT></SMALL> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=