Re: Wrecked my '01!

---snip---
thought this was a text group. it now ok to post binaries on this group ?

--
"Key"
=====

Is an attached .zip file a binary?
wrote in message

Charlie wrote:

Most ISP's won't trim out the attachments that are sent to non-binary Usenet groups via an NNTP server; but it's considered etiquette not to abuse that. There are so many binary groups and free places to post pictures that it's not a big deal to do it the right way. Interestingly, my Bellsouth NNTP server will accept attachments but will not accept HTML instead of text.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

All digital data, including characters, is actually binary data (unless it uses some (rare) system with more than two discrete levels) but the distinction between binary and text is well established. On modern operating systems a text file is simply a binary file that happens to contain only printable characters, but some older systems distinguish the two file types, requiring programs to handle them differently.
the above is from: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=binary%20file or http://tinyurl.com/omwcv
--
"Key"
=====

No person on the planet with any experience with the web and newsgroups would open a ZIP file anyway! I damn sure won't! LOLOLOL
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

I use Norton Systemworks and a firewall router; and pretty much don't really fear anything virus related anymore. My ZIP, RAR and ISO files get checked for viruses by Norton; as does email and any pictures or other attachments that get as far as my hard drive. Norton even checks web pages for phishing attacks.
BTW - they were pictures of his wrecked car and they didn't look good! The guy got lucky - seriously lucky.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

well, have been around a long time. think ya know that Ric. I am very well protected. a virus has never infected my computer. (knock on wood)
--
"Key"
=====

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070806030600000707070200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Yea I know, but I use my shop (Layout & Design) puter and I would be dead in the water without it for even a day. So I'm extra paranoid. I believe there is always someone out there in the world smarter than the software writers or a least one step ahead. LOLOL
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

yea, you are probably correct. I probably sould not have open it at all.
g'day Ric
--
"Key"
=====
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

"I heard that" !!!!
going back on-topic....
g'day to ya Ric
--
"Key"
=====
RicSeyler wrote:

Cheeeece, what a juggling act. Pstt, sell you some slightly soiled & faded but vintage pantone strips--
-- PJ
PJ wrote:

LOLOLOLOL I'll pass onthe Faded Pantone book

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler