rear end c3

Just wondering, I have a 77vette, and I am trying to find out what the gears are in the rear end. Thanks Howard

with chalk or a piece of tape...grab a rear tire rotate it one complete time...and count the number of times the chalk mark or tape rotates... slightly more then 3 times = 3.08 etc... slightly less 2.93 etc....
Bob Griffiths

Or you could do 1/4 of the work that Bob suggested: jack it up and look for the stamped in code on the bottom of the differential flange. According to Chevylay your '77 ought to have one of the following:
OA - 3.08 LR-OD - 3.36 OB - 3.55 OC - 3.70
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB ___