rear end c3

Just wondering, I have a 77vette, and I am trying to find out what the gears are in the rear end. Thanks Howard

Reply to
Howard Lovelace

easy,quick,down and dirty way is to jack it up...mark the drive shaft with chalk or a piece of tape...grab a rear tire rotate it one complete time...and count the number of times the chalk mark or tape rotates... slightly more then 3 times = 3.08 etc... slightly less =

2.93 etc....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

Or you could do 1/4 of the work that Bob suggested: jack it up and look for the stamped in code on the bottom of the differential flange. According to Chevylay your '77 ought to have one of the following:

OA - 3.08 LR-OD - 3.36 OB - 3.55 OC - 3.70

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB ___

Barking Rats