Removable hart top for a Mid-year

If anyone has a line on a good buy for a decent hardtop that would fit my '64 could you let me know. Seen a few for sale but nothing close of much value.

Thanks

Reply to
Dad

Crap, can't even get the subject right - ;-P

Reply to
Dad

Why do you list all the Vettes you own...is it an ego yuppie thing..like who cares what you own..???

Reply to
Wolfman

They pop up on eBay occasionally, but not necessarily at a good price. I hate auctions since it just drives the price up. You get no rewards for finding it first.

You can also keep an eye on Corvette Forum and Corvette Action Center. It seems the people on there sell a bit cheaper than the gouging on eBay, although many think eBay insanity is the going rate.

I see you added a '64 in the last couple of weeks. Is this the one from the lady you knew who wanted the Barrett Jackson prices?

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

No, but she got very close to her price and some of the fellows I know ask me about it when it came up for sale by the guy that bought it. When they came back and confirmed that he had the one in question they said it was sitting outside with 3" of water in the floorboards. I'm sure he didn't pay 40+ for it but close. It had a top and it's now gone and the convertible top had been down for

30 years. My son found the one I got about 5 miles from the other one on his way home from work. He does a lot of travel in his work and he's sent me on many goose chases, this one was not. Base machine but nice, not a one but close with not much history that kept the price down to an affordable level.

I found a top on nh.craigslist.org/ for 5 & a half that looks interesting but afraid the shipping would kill it. The last look on the forums had little or nothing for the first and second generations. My father and brother were auctioneers and I worked them for years, never go to them any more, know enough to be weary.

Reply to
Dad

No Problem finding one at Places like Carlisle ...BUT finding one for less then an arm PLUS a leg is going to be difficult... Then add in repainting, weather stripping etc and you are all of a sudden talking serious money ..

My 64 does NOT have the hard top.... My 72 did...but storing the hard top and actually putting it on the car every now and then forced me to just sell it and enjoy a fat wallet for a few weeks...

Lots of luck with the car... Bob G. (for greyfox >6472 98 Ragtops....76 & 79 Coupes<

Reply to
Bob G.

...but storing the hard

I had bought a few for my 66's back in the very early 70's, one with the vinyl top and one painted, both were $100 each. Never used them much on and off was a pain by myself and storage was stupid. Of course I've always been in the south and don't have to fight cold and snow to keep my car warm. Sorry I didn't keep one for ya. I haven't priced them lately but I'm sure they are out of sight.

On a side note I saw a 64 shell with frame for $10k @ Zephyrhills swap meet

2 weeks ago, very fixable, end result would have been $40's or more anyway

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Found 4 of them for sale south of me, only reason I want one is I like the way they look, well aware of the store, take off issues. Lost the one off the '61 when it came unhooked, latches tore out, at over 100. Never replaced it and always wanted one again but will never pay bend over prices to get one.

Old friend, older than both of us Bob, and club member is selling 3 of his- 1953 Corvette, 1954 Corvette, & 1955 Corvette in this auction. Just got the flyer today.
He will still have a '54, '57, '58, , '65, '67, '69 L88, '84, and his Hurst Mustangs.

Reply to
Dad