removing emblems on a C4

The emblems on my '85, nose and fuel door, are faded and looking pretty bad so I bought new ones. I have removed and replaced the one on the fuel door with no problems, but I can't seem to figure out how to safely remove the nose emblem.

I have been able to work one side loose a bit just with my fingers but the other side won't budge. There are 2 holes behind it on the inside of the hood but I can't seem to find a way to get anything in there to grasp the nuts.

Also, the fuel door emblem had threads on the studs and an adhesive backing while the nose emblem has 2 smooth studs and no adhesive on the back. What's the secret to making it stay on tight? Thanks for any help.

Brad

Reply to
Brad