Removing the Luggage Shade on an '87 Coupe

I need to remove the luggage shade on my '87 couple so I can get to the power antenna grommet behind it. I found one post that talked about popping it out with a screwdriver, but I sure can't see how to do that.

Chuck Tribolet

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

screwdriver, but

Reply to
X-Eliminator

I've had the antenna mechanical connections loose all along. The problem is getting the wiring out. We finally got some warm weather and the grommet the electicals go through came out of the fender well but I still need to get the antenna cable disconnected. and that's behind a trim piece that seems to be held in by the luggage shade.

screwdriver, but

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

The cables are firmly attached to the antenna. As near as I can tell, I really do need to get the luggage shade out, so I can get the trim piece behind it out, so I can unplug the antenna cable.

screwdriver, but

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

really do need to

Seems to me I did this once upon a time. Used a flat bladed screwdriver to push in the spring-load post at one end of the shade roll-up assembly then pulled that end of shade foward to remove the shade. It's been a while tho.

Good Luck

Reply to
JimS

It turned out that the luggage shade wasn't holding the trim piece (actually the rail for the luggage shade) but rather a screw I had missed. So the antenna is finally out.

really do need to

screwdriver, but

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet