Removing the Luggage Shade on an '87 Coupe

I need to remove the luggage shade on my '87 couple so I can get to the power antenna grommet behind it. I found one post that talked about popping it out with a
screwdriver, but I sure can't see how to do that.
Chuck Tribolet
You shouldn't have to remove the shade. You should be able to access it from under the car if you put it up on ramps. All the power antenna connectors that secure the motor to the unibody are on the bottom of the antenna motor housing. Some people report having to take the wheel off, but I did it on my '90 just by reaching up with a 1/4" drive ratchet an a 7mm socket. You also need to back-off the nut on top before you can drop down the antenna motor and pull it out.
=============================================On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:50:30 -0800, "Chuck Tribolet"

I've had the antenna mechanical connections loose all along. The problem is getting the wiring out. We finally got some warm weather and the grommet the electicals go through came out of the fender well but I still need to get the antenna cable disconnected. and that's behind a trim piece that seems to be held in by the luggage shade.

The cables are firmly attached to the antenna. As near as I can tell, I really do need to get the luggage shade out, so I can get the trim piece behind it out, so I can unplug the antenna cable.

push in the spring-load post at one end of the shade roll-up assembly then pulled that end of shade foward to remove the shade. It's been a while tho.
Good Luck
It turned out that the luggage shade wasn't holding the trim piece (actually the rail for the luggage shade) but rather a screw I had missed. So the antenna is finally out.