sale prices of corvetts in japan

I am look to find out how much corvetts are going for in japan?

Reply to
bicum

ask a dealer in japan..

Reply to
'Key

They do better money in China now!

Reply to
Refinish King

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:38:15 -0800 (PST), bicum wrote something wonderfully witty:

A couple of bazillion Yen

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Bazillion is close enough!

Just for grins I took a look. In 2006 they were pushing the XLR for around $ 100,000 USD. This year at the Tokyo show we are showing the Corvette and CTS and the XLR's not mentioned.

Margin is probably not the same on a Corvette as it was on the XLR but you can bet they've got it marked up at least 25 to 40 grand, just to cover the logistics of servicing the car in Japan. (Simple solution wud be to use the Italian approach and fly it back home for service.)

Preparing a composite body, in that price range, for Japan's "beauty inspections" must be a royal PITA. Fifty years ago it wasn't unusual for Cadillac to completely repaint a car before it would be placed on retail display in Tokyo or Osaka.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:15:32 -0800, pj wrote something wonderfully witty:

With the dollar taking it the buttocks, I guess $100,000 ought to be right about ¥11,036,309.50 give or take. Although I don't know if that includes all the duties, import fees & other tariffs the Japanese put on foreign products to make them almost impossible to sell in their domestic market.

I haven't been there since the 80's, but back then I think the then new Chrysler K-Car was about $25,000. Harleys were routinely selling for $50,000+

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

I like it getting wasted that is

Reply to
bicum

Unless things have changed since I was last there -- a long time ago -- a Vette would be wasted. Too big and you would rarely get it over 30 mph. The "super" highways as I recollect were also very much speed limited. A bike is the best way to go over there.

Reply to
tww1491