Seat belt buzzer/light

Car is a 1976. The reminder buzzer for the driver's seat belt comes on when the belt is buckeled. I had to disconect the wiring so I can wear the belt. I tried to reverse the wiring but the buzzer still goes off
when the belt is buckeled. The fasten seat belt light stays on all the time. Any suggestions?