Service traction control?

My car (an 06 C6) is talking to me again, this time a warning that my traction control needs servicing (30K mi.).
What's up? Before I throw myself under the mercy of the dealer, is
this something I can "service" myself? I am handy, though at 68 a bit stiff if much crawling is required.
Ideas?

install a clip number 19179794 to help keep a connector connected. Don't miss out of this fantastic offer from the general.
Get it done so if it don't work you have tried to satisfy the General and when it returns and hits the right front brake like it did for me you'll be able to sue, won't do any good but what the hay.
When all else fails contact Mike Packard (if he's still there) at the NHTSA, https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ and/or file a complaint.
Yes, you can fix it yourself but you should cover you ass and have them do the work, takes about an hour.

I am the original owner and have only received the top separation recall. I need to drive the car tomorrow (300 mi) is that ok? I'll bring it in for repair after that.

"OK" to drive, all I can tell you is that it has happened to me and I had no control problems. Also it seems that after the warning comes on that it is passed the disconcerting right front brake grab that is minor on mine but disconcerting. I drove mine for 2 years and wiped the warning off with an OBDII program maybe 5/6 times with no problems. The real problem remains unknown and can be something of which I have no experience.
Did you search the NHTSA database to see if there is a recall on your car?

Thanks for the insights. I'll check out the recall list. You take away nothing for me, I was just asking for an opinion/experiences.
So..... off to LA I go....
brian wrote:

...the 405 is a MESS through Westwood, if you have to go past there. Don't plan on any on/off 405 access from the UCLA area between Sunset and Wilshire...this as of my trip last night. *Late* last night...
--
- Rufus

Thanks for the report.
I've been driving up to Culver City from San Diego (on the 405) for close to a year now. Every other week and it is always a mess somewhere, it's LA!! So many of us, all going and going fast.
I am usually in the fast lane doing between 75 and 80. I mostly drive an old Sienna (trying to ware it out) but this time it's the Vette's turn. Makes for a bit better driving experience. Although that could be debated, considering LA and all.............
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:07:54 PM UTC-4, brian wrote:

As a general note - when your getting error codes and 'out of the blue' war ning indicators - check your battery.
My 06 used to tell me the tires were flat (not) and then after driving in ' crippled' mode for 10 minutes - everything was a-ok. I'm guessing you still have/had the OEM battery. Mine went south at 18K miles and 5 years (I'm a second owner - original owner put less than 8K mikes on it in 4 years).
Time and duty cycles are your batteries enemy - Vettes drain power continuo usly and the OEM battery was what they got from the lowest bidder.
Might save you or someone elase some unnecessary pain.