Should i grease the entire Speedo Cable before hooking it back up ??

1970 Corvette , big block. Im about to install a new Speedo Cable ; should i grease the entire metal cable before putting it into the sheath ? How about greasing the female receptacle at the
Speedometer and the GearBox ? Would it help ? Good idea ? Thanks.

No, no, and no.

REPLY: I thought grease made things work better with less friction ; in fact, Ecklers sells a grease device for lubing the end of the cable . If you care to elaborate on your response, myself and others would appreciate hearing your rationale .

REPLY: I thought grease made things work better with less friction ; in fact, Ecklers sells a grease device for lubing the end of the cable . If you care to elaborate on your response, myself and others would appreciate hearing your rationale .
Now you changed what you were asking, are you going to grease it or lubricate it? Dry lube is not a problem, grease is. If you're talking about their item A3503, go back and read it again; it is not intended to grease the cable. Send me $30 and I'll send you one that I took out after some boob greased it and tore out my tack drive gears. All day and a $100 to rebuild my distributor.
Even though it's you and it won't stop here you should shield the speedometer cable from the heat where it exits the 4 speed across the exhaust pipe, that is unless you have side pipes. The new cable housings are plastic and they will collapse enough from the heat to twist the cable in half.
Please, all you "others" let me know how many of you there are like Dave.

I was going to mention that it seems he's come up with a new address, but I see you already know.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary Edition coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

.
REPLY: Yes, i have a nice Sony LapTop now. I see some of you still hang onto your hostility and theres really no more need for that. We are all Corvette finatics and that should be the focus instead of defamation for ego-boosting.
Reminds one of the show "Three Faces of Eve", or Dissociative identity disorder, another interesting PC concept.

REPLY: Lets concentrate on making the Corvette Hobby better thru commeraderie and the sharing of good info, rather than a hostile unforgiving spirit . Ive apologized a few times for anything ive said that caused offense. Lets bury the Hatchet and get beyond it. Thanks for the info you gave me to my OP. I got the speedo cable installed and it works fine. I ended up using a Teflon based aerosol spray-lube .