Sold my C3

Well, I sold my 1980 C3 to my son-in-law. It was my first Corvette. I had driven sports cars for years, but never owned a 'vette until I was 42 years old. I was driving my '84 300Z turbo, 5 speed, silver anniversary at the time I saw the dull red '80 Vette at a used car lot on my way to work. I new when I saw it that it would be mine.

I went home that night and told my wife that I was having my mid-life crisis. I told her I had to either have that Corvette, or a girlfriend. Without missing a beat my wife said if I could get a girlfriend who would do a little laundry, to get the girlfriend.

Since she ruined the girlfriend option, I got the 'Vette.

I buffed that car with Dupont number 7 every weekend for a month until it shined like a new paint job. I polished the raw aluminum wheels with Mother's wheel polish and a buffing wheel on my electric drill until my back ached from stooping. I replaced brakes, rebuilt the engine, replaced the exhaust, put new tires on it, until I had the 'vette of my childhood dreams...

Now nasty boy has it in his garage.

He moved his pride and joy Grand Am out of the garage and parked the 'vette inside. He's off to a good start, at least...

Pappy

Reply to
Pappy

There's a legend hereabouts of a classified ad that supposedly ran some years ago:

"For sale: 19xx Corvette. Wife says it goes or she goes. Your choice, best offer."

Reply to
Vandervecken

How much for the wife..????

Reply to
grayfox

Free to good home...

...just kidding honey...

;-)

Reply to
Pappy

I just tried to find someone to take over payment on my ex

Reply to
Kickstart