Some Dealers Will Take Anything on Consignment

What an abomination! http://www.sylmar.ca/autoville/inventaire/1976-chevroletcorvettestingraydaytona.html

small bites, it looks like whoever put this thing together had a pretty sweet interior put in, and, and, and, probably some other stuff. I've got to go gargle.

Anyone seen Mark Hammel or Annie Potts lately?
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB ___
Well the final comment there tells you how much more you would have to spend to return it to acceptible condition, and I quote.
"New from one end to another, no expenses were spared! You won't be able to restore a car like this for the selling price!!!"
StingRay wrote:

It all has to be taken in context. Back in the '70s, John Greenwood developed this body style to use any advantage of IMSA rules for the Corvettes to beat the Porsches. And the bland styling of the '70s, where maybe a badge change or a slight seat stitching difference was the big news of the new model, the customizing was always trying to go one step more than the next guy. Some were nice, some were not. This one wasn't so much nice as it was a repro-racer, as Greenwood raced ones similar to this.
Kind of like putting a C5R body kit on one today.
Now like everything automotive, there are some poetic license in adding some of the more current rice-racer wings and arches but it is basically still the Greenwood-originated and Ecklers-marketed Daytona body.
And let's face it, not everyone wants to look just like everyone else. Remember the '70s Trans Ams and Smokey and the Bandit? At that time, Corvette people were making jokes about the Trans Am clubs.
"Ever wonder what they talk about at a Trans Am club meeting?"
"What color's yours?"

That's the ugliest Corvette I've ever seen. I'd only take it if those three hot chicks are included. And even then!

I wish there was some way to follow up to see if some dumb-ass actually pays anywhere near that price for that freak of nature!
My impressions:
Front end is a little extreme but not all that bad. But the photos of the rear view looks like a Lamborghini in the process of eating the Vette. The flying buttresses over the trunk are a nice Flash Gordon touch. This is the first car I've seen with THREE spoilers at the rear end. Nice Lambo rims. I assume there is a real Vette under all that fluff.
Key Bored.

http://www.sylmar.ca/autoville/inventaire/1976-chevroletcorvettestingraydaytona.html

eating the Vette." Perfect description. Most of the Vette seems to be already digested. As Tom in Missouri says, different tastes for different folks, but this seems to have gotten a bit out of hand.
Looks to be like a normal Daytona Body.. kit (with a few additions in the rear..)
Years ago ( maybe 1989-1990 when I had my 79 in the paint shop for 16 months the shop was "creating" 3 of them for a export to Japan. And since I visited "my bady" at least once a week I saw the work that went into creating these things.. Lots of cutting, bonding etc... and what got my attention the most was all the empty space under the car around the wheel flarings etc...
Actually all 3 looked pretty "exotic" to me at the time... only saw one of the 3 after it was fully painted... It looked darn good...but not in the "clasic" mode if you know what I mean.... LOL
May offer $ 600.00 for it...not $6,000.00 and definately not $60,000.00 .....for sure...
Bob Griffiths
LOL I agree. It's the sport version of the Griswold's Wagon Queen Family Truckster........

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

LMAO! That says it all Ric!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050901090500040707090803 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
LOLOLOL
StingRay wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010507010603010509050803 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
BUTT UGLY LOL That hood would make you throw up. And another little tid bit, they converted it to right had drive with a chain running under the dash from the original steering column to the tacked on right hand column..... pfffftttt uggggghhh If I remember, the logic was the ability to oggle at girls on the sidewalks from the "new" driver seat LOLOL
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler