Source for leaf springs?

What is a good source for a new composite rear leaf for my 1976 350 L48 smogger? I am in Canada if that makes a difference. Is this something the average guy can ubndertake to replace? thanks.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:06:14 -0500, "Ebeneezer Geezer"

I bought all of mine from Vette Brakes & Broducts...
Yes an average guy can install a new spring... helps to have a lift however...
Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?IDT5 good parts, lots of knowledge
Kickstart
Thanks - I checked out some sources I found on the web. I see composite springs running from $259 at fastvet.com to about $329 at VB&P. I found some even higher. They appear to be the same items in a kit. Is there anyway to tell if there is a significant difference in the spring itself?
I also see corvette central has them and list a 300 and a 340 lb. My car is stock, just tooling about the streets here - no racing or 2 wheel turns so which would I need? Their prices are $310 to $429.
I can do a lot of shipping for that price differential.
Not meaning to be contrary - I am just a newbie DIY. I have had my vette since new and it is time to put some $$ into it.
thanks.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:06:37 -0500, "Ebeneezer Geezer"

a significant difference in fiberglass springs... I went with Vette Brakes because I found not a single Corvette owner who had any complaints with their product....
I will give you one very important clue... Change your Shocks also... and make sure you "ask" the supplier for ther recomendations... on what shock are NEEDED with the spring you are ordering...
I installed springs on all 3 of my C3's...and on the 1st one I was DUMB enough to not change the shocks and I was really upset on how the car rode...real choppy .. quick call to VBP and I had a set of KYB's on order... cured everything ...the car just "worked" ... When I changed the springs on the other two C3's I asksed what shock they recomended for the spring I was installing.. ...
They only problem I encountered was the "ASS" end of the car sat higher....(of course it will replacing old factory sagging springs with new ones has got to raise the car a little... )...Took me a little while to adjust the ride height down to where it was supossed to be... and it then over the 1st years it "settled" a little more then I though it would so I had to re adjust the height...
BTW.... FastVett is a supplier that I have lots of confidance in...but when I did my cars I had never heard of them before.. The Guy who runs FastVett has been there done that so to speak withCorvettes and he has a reprutation of being a straight up front guy... SO If I were doing a Spring replacement today I honestly would seriously have to think about using them.. not just because his price, as you indicated, was a lot cheaper...
Nothing is ever clear cut.
Lots of Luck
Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes 68 SS 396 Chevelle
Well thanks for the feedback - a tough call, complicated by the fact I am in Kanada so I can't afford to get the wrong bits and pieces. Nothing is ever just black and white I guess.
Maybe I will just contact each of them and ask them what the difference is and what they recommend from their product line and cost for my particular appilication and get back here for some more thoughts on it all.
wrote in message

wrote:By the way, are you guys talking about http://www.fastcorvette.com/ or fastvett.com because I can't find fastvett.com.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Strange, both addys work and go to the same site. Looks like a good place to get C2/C3 parts.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
wrote in message

don't want to go through the new spring height thing and had a friend magna flux it before and after. Love the glass springs but wanted to stay stock for no particular reason on a black 72.
My guess is that the prices are different but the springs are made by the same company. Not many people have the facility or the ability to knock off fiberglass springs.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51