Speed problem, 1978 c3

Hey guys,,,maybe one of you have had this prob,, I think common sense answers my question but,,,,say doing 60,,,it jumps 30-60,,,30-60,,,and occasionally it will settle down,,,odometer and tripometer seems to work
properly,,,so would you say prob is in speedo head or?,,,thanks,,DR
I had a similar problem I changed out my Speedo cable...It seemed to fix it. after I took it out I noticed the part that went into the transmission would spin relatively free... The part that went into the Speedo looked like it was binding a little then speed up....boy this is kind of hard to explain... Kinda like the cable inside was a little rusted and not letting both ends spin freely....Damn I think I confused myself now....ummmm...I hope this helps?..lol

check/lube your speedometer cable...
g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Speedo cable problem - quite common. You can lube it as suggested elsewhere. Then after that works for a short while, go out and buy a replacement.
D R wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.catsasskustoms.com

I had a 75 vette and lubed the cable. it worked for at least the two remaing years I owned the car. cant tell ya how many more years it worked...
--
"Key"
=====