State your Dream garage ?

Page 1 of 2
Angelo's post in another topic made me realize that I too had a wishlist in my head. What would you guys want.
If I had big bucks, in order of listing, my dream garage would be.
(with colors :-)
1977 Vette Coupe - Black (already own, keeping it) 2001 c5 Z06 - Yellow 1993 LT-1 - Metallic Blue 72-'73 Dodge Charger - Red/Black 1966 Pontiac GTO - Teal
and of course one tree hugging daily chores car (VW passat or Nissan Maxima or Toyota Camry -colors unimportant)
E_Tar ('77 Corvette)

Beyond vehicles, my dream garage would be a 4 car garage (2 deep x 2 wide) with a lift and a high ceiling so I could eventually park 8 cars in there. Plus I think it would be nice to have a loft efficiency in one corner where a guest could stay or you could crash after a late night of wrenching without waking the family.
Then you could wake up and look over the room full of cars.
As for those cars, a ragtop C2, an early '70s Deville (ragtop as well), at least one strip monster and maybe a T-bucket for fun... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Had a couple of these. They are called commercial warehouse bays, 25x40 and 25x60. Trust me, waking up the next morning in them wasn't exactly the life of luxury.
puked:

Bah, you have a different idea of luxury than I do. One morning a friend came by my house and woke me up, I had fallen asleep in my El Camino in my driveway. I told him I was in my happy place... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

I had a friend that went to sleep in his pickup, running, at a stop light, with the clutch depressed, with a cop behind him, it turned out to be the wrong thing to do. "Please set out of the car sir", just before it went across the intersection by its self.
He missed breakfast that morning.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I guess I should have mentioned that the engine wasn't running... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
I thought you were talking garages.
The first real garage I had (one we built, not simply one that came with the house) was 24x44 and set up to house three cars. It was set up two 12' open bays, an open work area, wall, 12' bay, with 10" ceiling on the low side and 14" on the high. The two end bays had fiberglass doors on both ends, the center bay had a 6'h x 8'w window for natural light plus a fiberglass door. Pit in the center bay (one next to work area) and 12 inch main beam that supported the hoist. One of the things planned and never put in was a trolley for the hoist. In the summer, you could open all the doors and be like working in a car port for comfort.
It has been kind of a standard I've worked towards since.
Since then, I've had two commercial bays.
The fist was a 25x40 (23x38 interior) commercial bay with 15' ceilings. Three cars in it with work and heavy storage along with a loft down one side and across the closed end for small storage (meaning you could carry it up the stairs) and also doubled for some sleep time during a couple of unexpected moves.
The second was a 20x60 (I think I told lab~rat it was 25x60) with office and bathroom on the end with 10' wide storage on top. I never got this one set up that well. Being only 20' wide really puts more crimp in your work than you would think.
Now I'm stuck with an extra deep double attached that is hard to do serious work in. I have plans (but no money or builder) to do a second detached garage that I can really work in.
Dream garage would be probably three 12' wide bays (maybe one with 14'), a 12' wide work area, one set up to paint in (floor exhaust ducts, extra side lighting), one with a two-post lift, one with a pit, hoist (or two) on a trolley in the main section, probably around 48x28 or 48x32 with separate doors on each bay.

Now about cars, I'd like to have this. Kind of dates back to the old VH1 Every Year Corvette give-away.
1956 or 1957 1959 or 1960, Blue, 2x4, 4 sp 1963 coupe, silver 1965 or 1966 convertible, Nassau blue, 4 sp, 350 hp 1967 coupe, silver, 427, 4 sp, AC 1968 convertible, red, 427, 4 sp, AC C5 convertible, yellow, special order red interior (obviously that ain't going to happen now), 6 sp 1969 Camaro RS convertible 1968-69-70 El Camino

Well I do not think I have enough time to List all of them. But as you see 1966 was a very good year. Hell the 60's Mid decade on were all good years! '55 Austin Healy 100/4 '57 Corvette Fuelie (Red of Course) '57 Porsche Carrera Speedster '62 T'Bird Roadster '63 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster (Blue) '65 Ford Falcon Sprint V8 Convertible (Less than 150 made) '65 Thunderbird Roadster (Black with White Top and interior) '66 Corvette 327 Roadster (White with Red Interior) '66 Corvette Fastback L-72 '66 Porsche 904 '66 Porsche Carrera 6 (906) '66 Shelby GT-350 H '66 Shelby GT350 R '66 Plymouth Hemi GTX Convertible '66 Ford GT-40 MKII '67 Lincoln Continental (Perry Mason's Car) '67 Morris Mini Cooper S '67 Fort GT MK IV (Yellow Andretti car that won Sebring) '68 Corvette Roadster (Le Mans Blue) '68 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona (Red of Course) '69 Fuel Injected Mini Cooper S (American Road Race of Champions Class and Overall winner Beat out a 289 Cobra and 327 Vette in the race of Champions at Daytona) '69 Porsche 917 (Le Mans ) '69 Dodge Charger Daytona
Ultimate car, 1973 Porsche 917/30-001 with the long tail '240mph Car (Flat 12cly Turbocgarged 1,200BHP 0 to 60 in 2.1 sec 0-100 3.9 sec 0-200 13.4 sec 0-100-0 in 10 sec good brakes)
All I have time for now. I will do the 70's-90's Later

Damn... thats a helluva list ! you think you're Jay Leno ??? haha
Well your dream garage might well need to be a hangar to accomodate all those...
E_Tar 77 Stingray
32 3 Window high boy (steel) 70 Hemi Cuda 4 speed 2007 ZO6 60's Style Chopper w/springer frt 67 Tri Power 4 Speed Roadster Donzi
I'm not greedy :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

So you're giving up your tricycle and going to Depends in the same year?
--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
Dad wrote:

Sheesh, you just have no imagination do ya?? Just mount a camper potty where the seat was.... Dang......... ya Pickler! <A.I. inspired insult> LOLOL
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Dad wrote:

Dang, I thought you were the Camper potty!!! At least it looks like somthing I would sit on.
Pass the Charmin.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060501030508040603090809 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dad wrote:

LOLOL
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:37:35 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

=================IF you are dreaming why Pits? lifts would save you all the trouble and work of climbing in and out....?
Gosh if ya gonna dream !!!! DREAM BIG !
Bob G.
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:00:33 -0500, Bob G.

I like the pit idea, with a twist. Just like they do it in the quick lube places, an entire floor underneath the car. It would allow me to store all of the chemicals and parts out of the way.
Of course the next two bays over would have the lifts for storing extra vehicles.
My present garage already has 3 bays but only one is heated and cooled. :-)
My dream garage would be a 3 car garage with a pit under each car . Heated and Cooled , of course. ================== IF you are dreaming why Pits? lifts would save you all the trouble and work of climbing in and out....?
REPLY: Cause if im not feeling good on any particular day, ill be in the pits !
Bob G. wrote:

Two more bays, a lift, a Tech2 test set, an on-call mechanic to do the more physical jobs and the capacity to drink all the beer that should go with such a lash-up.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe