Strange behavior on 2000

All,
My 2000 all of a sudden started with warnings on the dash. The obvious "Service Engine Soon" but also "Reduce Engine..." then "Check Tire Pressure" and "Low Fuel." The thing is that tire pressure is about 30 (which is lower than what I would like), the tank is more than half full of gas (the fuel gauge all of sudden marked empty). Another symptom is that the windows and doorlocks froze, and do not work.
Overnight, the lights on the radio plus others stayed on, and now the batter is dead.
Any suggestions on early diagnosis - the ECM or a relay?
Empty3
Add pictures here
✖
you could have a virus!!!
have you tried rebooting?
maybe look at putting it thru a firewall!!
;-)
regards
Harry '64 coupe downunder
p.s. i think these things happen when you don't drive fast enough
<DIV>All,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>My 2000 all of a sudden started with warnings on the dash.&nbsp; The obvious "Service Engine Soon" but also&nbsp;"Reduce Engine..." then "Check Tire&nbsp;Pressure" and "Low Fuel."&nbsp; The thing is that tire pressure is about 30 (which is lower than what I would&nbsp;like), the tank is&nbsp;more than half full of gas (the fuel gauge all of sudden marked empty).&nbsp;&nbsp;Another symptom is that the&nbsp;windows and doorlocks froze,&nbsp;and do not work.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Overnight, the lights on the&nbsp;radio plus others&nbsp;stayed on, and now the batter is&nbsp;dead.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Any suggestions on early&nbsp;diagnosis - the ECM or a relay?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Empty3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
✖
Empty3 wrote:

WAG: BCM issue. Ground, loose connector etc.
I believe the C5s had different control modules layouts for engine (ECM), body (BCM) & security (donno). Same code for two different years might be coming from different modules. IIRC, both tire pressure and door locks were in the security model in the early C5s. Later that got combined in the BCM. More recently, it's a Power Train Module and Body Control Module--with data shared across a network intertie.
If the old ploy of disconnecting the batt, fully charging it and then reconnecting it didn't work, try a post in the C5 Scan and Tune forum.
< http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f ‘ >
I've had all the codes dumped from my '02 by a Dyno-tune shop-- *much* cheaper (and quicker) than visiting a dealer -- if you can get the car there. Other advantage is that you get to talk to the guy who dumped the codes, not just a lame translation from a service adviser.
Best of luck and Happy Turkey Day.
-- pj
Add pictures here
✖
Pi, Tom, etc,
Thanks for your input. I decided to simply buy a new battery. Same problem after about 20 minutes of test driving. The thing I noticed is that even after not having a battery for about 30 minutes, the car still remembered the radio settings.
I suspect what Pi mentioned concerning the security module that also ties the tires and doors. In the past, I had noted the "security" light come on while the car was being driven, no this.
Is there a reset procedure or process?
Empty3
[...]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000602060504010701050103 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Empty3 wrote:

Geeze! Man Empt......... Dealer will probably smell it coming :-(
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Empty3 wrote:

Really, if there's any deductible or cost sharing on that warranty, suggest calling around. Find a dynotune shop that can scan all the modules for all codes. Answers might keep the dealer honest. -- pj
Add pictures here
✖
without your own scanner etc., it may be little hard.
you may have already done the basics....
but have you checked as many grounds on the car for loose connections
checked as many electrical plugs/connectors for loose fittings?
reset your ecm module somehow.... i know on some cars it wont work if you just pull the battery cable off, but instead you need to pull the main fuse for the ecm for 10-20 seconds etc. for it to reset.
that's what some techies will do before they bother to check so they get a clear picture when plugging in.
is it heat related? after you've driven it for the 25min and start seeing the codes pop up, pull over and let the car cool down well. what happens when you start her up again? do the codes clear or are they still there?
my 2 cents
regards
Harry '64 coupe downunder

hope to be covered.

about 25 minutes, then the above

misfiring from the engine. I am

warnings.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks Harry, no I do not think it is heat related. As soon as the signal/warnings come up, I can pull over, turn the car off, restart, and like nothing ever happened. I have been checking ground and loose connections from an open hood (but nothing underneath the car yet though - will get to this weekend). I did not think about pulling the main fuse to reset the ECM, good idea.
Empty3
Add pictures here
✖
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV>All,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>My 2000 all of a sudden started with warnings on the dash.&nbsp; The obvious "Service Engine Soon" but also&nbsp;"Reduce Engine..." then "Check Tire&nbsp;Pressure" and "Low Fuel."&nbsp; The thing is that tire pressure is about 30 (which is lower than what I would&nbsp;like), the tank is&nbsp;more than half full of gas (the fuel gauge all of sudden marked empty).&nbsp;&nbsp;Another symptom is that the&nbsp;windows and doorlocks froze,&nbsp;and do not work.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Overnight, the lights on the&nbsp;radio plus others&nbsp;stayed on, and now the batter is&nbsp;dead.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Any suggestions on early&nbsp;diagnosis - the ECM or a relay?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Problem fixed.&nbsp; After changing batteries, replacing fuses, and checking obvious connections (ground, loose, etc.), the problem turned out to be a "door module" and not the BCM.&nbsp; Overall $400 at the dealership.&nbsp; Thanks to all, the input provided does help to pinpoint some areas.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Cheers!</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Empty3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
✖

I have simailar problem. Cas
Add pictures here
✖

I have a 2000 C5 with similar problems all dash flashing/ service engine, Losing power, all gauges go off, dash lights up like a slot machine...I think its a short in the passenger door harness from opening and closing door, as window doesn't work unless I shake wires in between door and car hinge..., then passenger window works.. I need to fix it, procrastination!! Cas
Add pictures here
✖

I have a 2000 C5 with similar problems all dash flashing/ service engine, Losing power, all gauges go off, dash lights up like a slot machine...I think its a short in the passenger door harness from opening and closing door, as window doesn't work unless I shake wires in between door and car hinge..., then passenger window works.. I need to fix it, procrastination!! Cas
Hey Cas, You are right on track. On mine, it turned out to be a door module that was causing all the problems, and the tech had also found a short in the wiring.
Empty3
Add pictures here
✖