Synthetic Tranny Fluid

Would it extend the transmission life by draining (or flushing) the old transmission fluid and putting in synthetic. Is this a good idea at 100k + miles? I understand flushing can break loose particles that can later cause
problems, but would draining it and putting synthetic fluid be a good thing at this late a date on a ' C-5 with over 100k miles?
--
Thank you,

Hal

It would probably make the shifting better. I did this on my F-150 with over 100k and it works a lot better now. I had the dealer do a flush then install Amsoil ATF.