Target Production Date

Ordered a C6 from the factory and trying to get an idea how long after the car is manufactured should the VIN be available??

number of the same thing being built will all affect the date. No, the vin is not available, you should be able to follow it through your dealer. Your order may or may not be "in", depending on the queue allowing the order to drop. Again, the dealer can give you the information as he gets it but there is no way they will hit the date you think they will. They can give you a date one day and come up short 5,000 wheels like you ordered the next day. One of mine came in 2 weeks, a fluke, another took 5 months. Also it can take 3 weeks to ship. If your dealer is a straight up kind of guy he can give you a pretty good guess as to when they "normally" get their Corvettes.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Joe wrote:

VIN is assigned before the car is built, the dealer should be able to get it for you as their manufacturing status system is online. My dealer had my VIN in hand a couple of weeks before the car was built.