Temperature Guage

I have a '69 vette. I noticed yesterday that the temperature gauge did not show any movement, even after the car had been driven for a while. This was unusual. All other gauges are working, including the clock.
Is the fact that the temperature shows no movement a good indication that the temperature gauge needs to be replaced?
Thanks, Charles

or the sender. or the wire.

Would someone tell me where the temp sending unit is located on a '69 350/350?
Thanks, Charles
Driver side cylinder head.
Wire likely fell off
Vito