Thanks Guys

Man,,,,,I recieved an education real quick just from the info you guys posted and sent via eail,,,Thanks . I am pretty much set on a "78" Vette,,,but that may change. Also after reading some of the info you guys sent I realize That I AM NOT stuck on a strict "puriest" type restoration, I am going to have a driver that I can truely enjoy,,,so if anyone runs upon a true bargain over the next couple months please let me know,,,somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma,,,or perhaps little farther away but not much. Thanks again guys,,Dan

Reply to
D R

Watch eBay. However, the word is "watch". And ask questions early in an auction to get the information you want and any additional pictures.

Set up a search something like "corvette (1977,1978,1979,77,78,79)" and then on the left side, pick "Cars & Trucks" so you only get cars and not the

20,000 parts available. Save that search so you can check it frequently.

You can set it up to check 50 miles, 100 miles, 200 miles and so on from you only, but frankly, if I found a good deal 500 miles away, it would be a great first ride.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I cant resist poiting out that I am in Texas,,,,shucks its 500 or more across Texas either direction,,,lol,,,so yep a 500 mile trip would not be bad at all,,Thanks again,,Dan

Reply to
D R

Heck it's 50 miles west side of Houston to east side of Houston.

Reply to
No Vette Yet

I never heard a Texan ever complain about the distance they drove, only bragged. You must be an immigrant. :) I worked with one guy who bragged he drove a mile to his mail box, and he wasn't on a farm or ranch.

Check the advice to Low End Buyer Advice about driving for a car. And check this link for some cars.

Anyway, between Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Tulsa, and Oklahoma City, you should be able to find what you are looking for. And it is only around 800 miles from Houston to St. Louis or Kansas City. And a 1000 to Denver. That means there are a LOT of Corvettes to look at.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri