The Classic Corvette book on Ebay..

I have listed The Classic Corvette book from 1984 on Ebay. Check it out here if you are interested:

Thanks for looking, Jeff

Reply to
Smak!

spam

Reply to
Kickstart

Ending tonight..

Thanks for looking, Jeff

Reply to
Smak!

Can't you get booted from ebay for spamming newsgroups?

Reply to
Hal Cohen

I'm not spamming newsgroups Hal.. It's a Corvette book. This is a Corvette newsgroup. I figure someone here might like the book. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Smak!

actually, you should have read Ebays UseNet Policy

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy." for future reference not all boards accept Ebay ads just because your subject is on-topic.

haven't seen a board policy for this group.

Reply to
'Key

Jeepers, It was on topic and absolutly doesn't fit the definition of SPAM... You guys need to get a life...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

guess ya don't read too well, do ya ?

Reply to
'Key

I have to agree with Jeff, I see no problem with on topic advertising such as this book on Corvettes in the alt.autos.corvette newsgroup. It is not a violation of the ebay policy as it does not fit the criteria "that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy." Don't bother looking for a Usenet board policy as it doesn't exist for this newsgroup. Don't you guys have something better to whine about?

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

well Eugene, guess you don't comprehend no better than Jeff. show me where I said anything about a "violation of the ebay policy" applied to 'this' group.

Reply to
'Key

I read fine! If you weren't so full of yourself, you might have noticed that I DID NOT direct my statement at any single individual. Kickstart called it SPAM, and you guys keep throwing in more information about why it should or should not have been posted, etc.

My point is the post was perfectly acceptable, now STFU all ready! Please read before you spew off half-cocked again Key.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

evidently you can't comprehend what you read. I challenged your definition as to how spam applies to news groups. I didn't say crap about this group.

you can "STFU", go back and read it again. especially the part, "not all boards accept Ebay ads just because your subject is on-topic"

-- "Key"

Reply to
'Key

So what's your point, Key? You seem to be sitting on the fence. Why don't you just tell us if you think Jeff's posting should be or should not be allowed? Rather than us having to guess what the heck you think?

Here's why your response has aggravated me:

You DIRECT Jeff to read the ebay policy thereby implying that he's done something wrong by posting here. Then state "for future reference:..." and again implying that Jeff has done something wrong and that this board doesn't accept this type of posting. Where did you find that gem? Did you make that one up? Then state you haven't seen a board policy for this group (contradicting yourself? or back tracking in case it gets ugly?) - I've been involved with usenet for 14 years and haven't seen a policy for a non-moderated group yet.

I would like to hear your definition of spam? As it seems that you feel the need to challenge Jeff's.

Don't think that your trick of attacking people by hiding behind implying wrong-doing will work. One documented method of verbally attacking someone is to imply that they've done something wrong, then hide behind the fact that it was never said up front. Kind of cowardly as far as I'm concerned

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

The guy has a book to sell ..he thought some one here might be interested and all you guys again make a big deal out of nothing..like he said get a life ..what a bunch of freakin idiots.!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Lone Wolf

You just couldn't resist, that's OK everyone has a right to remain IGNORANT, carry on.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I'm sorry to start a flame war. I was considering promoting my products on Usenet as well but I remember seeing ebay's policy. The OP seems to think he has a way around it.

Reply to
Hal Cohen

"My Name Is Nobody" wrote absolutly nothing of value in message news:yY1lh.7441$dw6.5204@trndny02...

sorry you can't comprehend what you are reading ! and you call me "IGNORANT" :-)

Reply to
'Key

I never told anyone to get a life..I have 5 boxes full of old books in my garage and a new furnace and AC to pay off. Most of the books deal with guitars, amps, basses, drums etc etc etc.. Because I own a 81 Vette I also have a few books on the subject.

I've been posting to usenet for over 10 year now and this is the first time I have ever had anyone "yell" spam at me for posting an on topic auction. The thing is if you're going to reply with spam, don't reply with all the auction info in your posts. It just makes even more people look at the auction (Not that it helped much.. ) If Hal has nothing to say about this, there would probably only be one post in this thread and it would have died a quick death.

Happy New Year!

Jeff

Reply to
Smak!