The great American pe nis machine

Page 1 of 3
I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"
I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
"I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!" I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.
I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops, and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

No, it's most drivers of any age group.
Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

A lot of them are egomaniacs. I was a Corvette owners show one time and some farmer type guy sat on a guy's Corvette front fender while he was talking to someone. The Vet owner had a fit and looked over the paint from every possible angle to see if there was any damage. You could cut the ego at that show with a knife it was so thick. And to keep from getting tickets, I set the cruse control on the speed limit if it's 30 we go 30 and if the person behind me has a problem, well they have a problem and I don't get a ticket. Once at some supervisor class we had a project of some kind, "What kind of car would you want to be if you were a car". One of the young ones wanted to be some kind of big Dodge diesel engine crew cab pickup with dual tires on the back. The whole point was ..... I'm not sure what the message was they were trying to make. Whatever, Enjoy the day, it won't ever be around again.

I'm not a car show type of person, but I would consider it rude to sit on someone's show car, or any car of anyone else's that I didn't know and not knowing if that person would get upset about it.
I grew up farming and wish I could be doing it right now...
On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 06:54:27 -0500, FatMoe wrote:

I was at a vintage car show about 27 years ago, and there was a '63 GTO conv, BEAUTIFUL!! Guy was leaning up against it with Levi 501s (you know. *rivets*!) and I wanted to get a shot at the Six Pack under the hood, so I went up and said, "Is this yours?"
After the answer was, "No." my next comment was, "THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LEANING UP AGAINST IT WITH RIVETED BLUE JEANS?!?!?!?!"

RT 10/RT 101? Tough one, but... <g>

Ok...
Ok...
Ok...
Probably only that one!
I'm about 20 miles from Keene, and we see the most stupid things at those roundabouts! But, I love them, the waits are much less than when the stupid lights were there. If people (like the Corvette owner) would just learn: Incoming yields everyone, outgoing yields to no one, life would be so easy!

Ever see someone turn left at one? I have.

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:52:32 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:

That might even beat the backing up one...

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:45:26 -0400, PeterD wrote:

Rt 10/101
I will admit, people in Keene know how to use them better than people in Mass. I was trying to *behave* rather than act like a Masshole! ;)
I'm from Greenfield.
Dumbest thing I ever saw at a roundabout: in Greenfield, Rts 91/2, woman goes 3/4 of the way around, realizes she missed the ramp she wanted to take, and *BACKS UP*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... OK, you made my day!
The best roundabout is the one on (under) RT-2 at 63 in Gardner. Big, easy to see traffic, and people seem to understand how to use it.
Worst roundabout is the one in Peterborough at the new supermarket. Too small, some drivers don't realize what it is until they are aimed for a car that has already got right-of-way!
On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:31:28 -0400, PeterD wrote:

I've seen meatheads there, too, but then again, they're everywhere. And, for some reason, esp on Wednesdays...

The new supermarket that no one wanted? Or at least, a lot of people said no one wanted? I bet everyone shops there, don't they?
The end of my 'territory' is just this side of Peterborough, but every once in a while my manager sneaks me over the line. But only just...
At least you get new stuff. Greenfield, they don't want ANYTHING! Keene is fantastic. On rt 10 going south to Winchester there is new dirt, and they told me there's a MarketBasket going in there. Man, they have *EVERYTHING* in Keene!
That's the main part of my territory, KSC and C&S are my biggest clients.

The one that is about 40% more expensive than Market Basket and Hannaford's in Rindge! We stopped there last night for something, and my wife freaked at the prices.

A Market Basket would be nice, but they have so many super markets in Keene it is getting silly. <g>

Clients? What do you do? (I teach at FPU...)
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:50:07 -0400, PeterD wrote:

Maybe your Atty Gen will do what Mass's did a few years ago. Big Y had supermarkets in large markets like Springfield and had to compete with Edward's (remember them? I don't know how I just did!) so in small towns like Palmer and Ware, where they were the only game in town they jacked up the prices. I was cheaper to drive to Amherst!
The AG said they couldn't do that, and thatthey had to give the money back, but do it fairly. So they started the Buy One Get Two Free in those areas, and saw sales increase substantially, so they implemented it in all stores.
Of course, you don't buy anything that's NOT one sale, since rather than lower prices to meet the big markets, they raised all their prices to match the small stores...

There's usually a shakeout. In capitalism, people vote with their dollars.

Dell Factory Service tech.
FPU is in my territory.

So.........you're that son of a b......
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:53:26 -0500, Dave wrote:

I DIDN'T DO IT! THEY SENT BAD PARTS!!!
The late 70s were a lousy time for 'Vettes, the most he could have had under the hood was a watered down 350 if the motor was original.

Mark wrote:

I had a 78 silver anniversary POS. And they were slow pretty doggy. About the only thing it was good for was compliments and probably would have made a good tomato plant starting greenhouse with that stupid big back window that did not open. The kids called it the Batmobile. I had a 61 Vett Borg Warner T-10 4 speed/327 when I was in college, that thing was pretty fast but a 4 door Plymouth with a Torqueflight (sp?) beat me off the line every time and I could not catch him in the quarter, and a 340 Dodge something did the same. The front suspension on those C-1 vetts had kingpins! and were basically a 53 chev front end suspension. The good old days.

No, but those of you who think you own the road really annoy those of us that do. :)
-W
On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:32:08 -0500, Clams Canino wrote:

LOL! Just trying to be a good driver!

Well, not so fast. You do NOT have to stop at the entrance to a roundabout just because another car is in the roundabout. True, you have to yield the right of way but clearly by your own description you had PLENTY of time to get into the roundabout without interfering with the right of way of the car already in the roundabout. The guy in the 'Vette was a jerk but you clearly could have been moving long before you did. Then you decide to pull out and interfere with the right of way because some jerk is yelling at you. You think that's good judgement and displaying some modicum of courtesy?