The great American pe nis machine

I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"

I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.

We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!

"I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!" I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.

I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...

This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops, and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.

I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.

My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, it's most drivers of any age group.

Reply to
edspyhill01

A lot of them are egomaniacs. I was a Corvette owners show one time and some farmer type guy sat on a guy's Corvette front fender while he was talking to someone. The Vet owner had a fit and looked over the paint from every possible angle to see if there was any damage. You could cut the ego at that show with a knife it was so thick. And to keep from getting tickets, I set the cruse control on the speed limit if it's 30 we go 30 and if the person behind me has a problem, well they have a problem and I don't get a ticket. Once at some supervisor class we had a project of some kind, "What kind of car would you want to be if you were a car". One of the young ones wanted to be some kind of big Dodge diesel engine crew cab pickup with dual tires on the back. The whole point was ..... I'm not sure what the message was they were trying to make. Whatever, Enjoy the day, it won't ever be around again.

Reply to
FatMoe

RT 10/RT 101? Tough one, but...

Ok...

Ok...

Ok...

Probably only that one!

I'm about 20 miles from Keene, and we see the most stupid things at those roundabouts! But, I love them, the waits are much less than when the stupid lights were there. If people (like the Corvette owner) would just learn: Incoming yields everyone, outgoing yields to no one, life would be so easy!

Reply to
PeterD

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:45:26 -0400, PeterD puked:

Ever see someone turn left at one? I have.

lab~rat >:-)

The late 70s were a lousy time for 'Vettes, the most he could have had under the hood was a watered down 350 if the motor was original.

Reply to
Mark

I had a 78 silver anniversary POS. And they were slow pretty doggy. About the only thing it was good for was compliments and probably would have made a good tomato plant starting greenhouse with that stupid big back window that did not open. The kids called it the Batmobile. I had a 61 Vett Borg Warner T-10 4 speed/327 when I was in college, that thing was pretty fast but a 4 door Plymouth with a Torqueflight (sp?) beat me off the line every time and I could not catch him in the quarter, and a 340 Dodge something did the same. The front suspension on those C-1 vetts had kingpins! and were basically a 53 chev front end suspension. The good old days.

Reply to
FatMoe

he lets me know

farmer type guy sat

owner had a fit and

damage. You could cut the

I'm not a car show type of person, but I would consider it rude to sit on someone's show car, or any car of anyone else's that I didn't know and not knowing if that person would get upset about it.

I grew up farming and wish I could be doing it right now...

Reply to
NapalmHeart

No, but those of you who think you own the road really annoy those of us that do. :)

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

LOL! Just trying to be a good driver!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Rt 10/101

I will admit, people in Keene know how to use them better than people in Mass. I was trying to *behave* rather than act like a Masshole! ;)

I'm from Greenfield.

Dumbest thing I ever saw at a roundabout: in Greenfield, Rts 91/2, woman goes 3/4 of the way around, realizes she missed the ramp she wanted to take, and *BACKS UP*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That might even beat the backing up one...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was at a vintage car show about 27 years ago, and there was a '63 GTO conv, BEAUTIFUL!! Guy was leaning up against it with Levi 501s (you know.

*rivets*!) and I wanted to get a shot at the Six Pack under the hood, so I went up and said, "Is this yours?"

After the answer was, "No." my next comment was, "THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LEANING UP AGAINST IT WITH RIVETED BLUE JEANS?!?!?!?!"

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't push the limits. I don't have a stable of 20+ year old cars because I do stupid things. The guy had entered the roundabout to my left before me, and was almost 1/2 of the way to me when Dipshit started his rant. I should have held my ground and let him scream. He obviously had enough time to follow me halfway around town, what difference did a few more seconds at a roundabout make?

And all the time he was following me, he was running his mouth.

I make my living driving 65-125 miles a day from service call to service call. If anyone should be in a hurry, it should be *me*.

The sooner I get done, the sooner I get home.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, not so fast. You do NOT have to stop at the entrance to a roundabout just because another car is in the roundabout. True, you have to yield the right of way but clearly by your own description you had PLENTY of time to get into the roundabout without interfering with the right of way of the car already in the roundabout. The guy in the 'Vette was a jerk but you clearly could have been moving long before you did. Then you decide to pull out and interfere with the right of way because some jerk is yelling at you. You think that's good judgement and displaying some modicum of courtesy?

Reply to
ACAR

Are all non Corvette Drivers jealous of Corvette Drivers ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... OK, you made my day!

The best roundabout is the one on (under) RT-2 at 63 in Gardner. Big, easy to see traffic, and people seem to understand how to use it.

Worst roundabout is the one in Peterborough at the new supermarket. Too small, some drivers don't realize what it is until they are aimed for a car that has already got right-of-way!

Reply to
PeterD

That would be insane, wouldn't it! Wondier if that is true, and what state it is?

Reply to
PeterD

The state if confusion, perhaps? ;)

Reply to
Mike

This whole thread is about guys who can not afford to buy certain types of vehicles and are jealous of those who can, it seems LOL

Reply to
Mike