Thinking of upgrading to C5

Page 3 of 3
Snip

Snipped more of the same - Sorry dude, what you just said proves you have no idea what Daniel C. Bennett thinks or writes. Lets just say he may have been a non-believer and with much study and much more thought than you put in this reply he has had a change of heart. I had no reason to post any writting that was to prove you wrong and if you had done what was suggested you would have realized that. Now go do the right thing!!
To answer your Job 38:4 question , why would He have to ask that question, didn't He already know? Also would be interesting to know why Job would even write that, but then I quess inquiring minds wanted to know even back then and made up things to fit that preceived need. On the other hand maybe he was just another pencil-neck pointy-headed intellectual idiot that has a massive disdain for anything bigger than his swelled ego.
Dad

Dad, no offense to you intended I did a search on his bio and all I saw was that he was a philosopher, an endeavor more like an artist than scientist that doesn't have to give any evidence supporting his beliefs or ideas to incur credence, and what I read of his writings led me to believe he was one of those humanists that puts everything in neat little piles of 'natural' occurrences. I yield as to your greater knowledge of him and if he did a 180 later in life then I guess he too can see the problems of his earlier writings and admit mistakes. I will make a point to look for his later stuff and learn more of his "change of heart", always looking for stuff that makes me think. As for Job sometimes asking a question answers another, and as some question the truthfulness in the words of the Bible I've never seen anything written that proves anything wrong in it. In fact the more historical records found (Dead Sea Scrolls, documents of Josephus Flavius) the more collaborating evidence is revealed. I have a background in biochemistry and the more we learn about the complexity of life the more utterly incredible it is, something that obviously didn't just 'appear' in a bowl of 'soup'. But I bet Bennett still couldn't change the oil in his car!hehe
Oh and to the other poster that doesn't care what I think who WOULD care what anyone says on this anyway it's a Corvette forum is it not?haha!
Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

well Butcher, ya got a point there ..
<plonk>
-- "Key"

A philosopher or and artist can't be a religious man? What are the people that change their own oil supposed to be? Myself I always though it was nice to have all the religion we can get, otherwise there would be people fighting all the time ...............aaaaahhhh crap, sorry they are fighting, forgot. Maybe the present blood bath is just to catch up with the Spanish inquisition slaughter.. thank God for those more gentle times in history.
I think I'll once again hide from the benefits of religion and return to talking about cars.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I guess I shouldn't have read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" when I was a kid!hehe
Butcher '96 LT-4 CE
Dad wrote:

DING DING we have a winner!! Of course they can. But many of the "Religious" forget about the parts of the Bible that state understanding of and for others......

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:
==========snip =========== Good that you cooled it when you did.
My transcontinental crystal ball had the "Thought Police" and the shiny black helicopters converging on Gulf Breeze, right at sunset!
-- pj
PJ wrote:

Aliens? LOLOLOL Or just John from Cincinnati?

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Hi Dave thanks for the advice, I cleaned the radiator already and looked at the hoses they are a little soft, I'll be flushing the system soon I'm waiting for the hoses to come in at my local auto parts store, waiting for UPS to deliver an IR thermo too I got on Ebay. There are gaps between the rad and condenser coil will deal with those too. Thanks for the advice on the % mix here in Texas I don't have to worry about real low temps so that mix should be fine, haven't heard about the Water Wetter seen the bottle at the store though thought I might give it a try when I pick up the hoses.
One question please -- the car specifies the 'pink' antifreeze but the car has the 'green' in it now, I know they do not mix but is there a difference in cooling with either? I was going to use the 'green' Prestone (I have a couple gal. already for my other cars) but since I'll be flushing it well I could change to the 'pink' if it cools better. I'll post when I finish all the work and see if the temps come down.
Thanks again! Oh by the way I read somewhere years ago that Darwin himself years after his theory was published actually believed he was all wet, he originally wanted to figure out how God did things here NOT replace Him with 'natural selection'.
Butcher '96 LT-4 CE
'Hi Dave thanks for the advice, I cleaned the radiator already and looked at the hoses they are a little soft, I'll be flushing the system soon I'm waiting for the hoses to come in at my local auto parts store, waiting for UPS to deliver an IR thermo too I got on Ebay. There are gaps between the rad and condenser coil will deal with those too. Thanks for the advice on the % mix here in Texas I don't have to worry about real low temps so that mix should be fine, haven't heard about the Water Wetter seen the bottle at the store though thought I might give it a try when I pick up the hoses.'
REPLY: Reducing your coolant level to 25% and adding a bottle of watter wetter will immediatly be noticed on how much cooler your system will run at ; ive got a 1970 built Big Block (540 h.p/600tq) and run just 15% coolant to 85% distilled water with 2 bottles of Water Wetter -- if im going at least 35 mph , my twin electric fans will never come on and theyre set to come on at 205 f. Its remarkable how much cooler the system will operate at. I do however keep my cooling system in peak condition . If if lived in Austin , Texas ... during the hottest summer months i would not hesitate to run without an engine thermostat installed ; ive done exhaustive tests with and without a thermostat installed and in very hot weather it REALLY makes a big difference how the cooling system works in very high ambient temps. Youll find that by moving more water around your engine and radiator from no thermostat present , youll run far cooler . The thermostat is essential to bring the temp. up on the engine asap after first starting the motor and to maintain a minimum temperature ; but in the sweltering heat of summer in Texas, youll be up to operating temp in no time anyway, and running without one is highly advantageous in terms of cooling effect. The old wives-tale of slowing down the water flow so the radiator can dissipate the heat better is nothing but a myth ; if you go on to Stewart Water Pumps website Forum, this myth is always being brought up . Moving more Gallons per minute is what works and thats why many opt for higher GPM water pumps. Ive got a Stewart stage 3 water pump on mine and the difference over the stock pump is like night and day.
'One question please -- the car specifies the 'pink' antifreeze but the car has the 'green' in it now, I know they do not mix but is there a difference in cooling with either? I was going to use the 'green' Prestone (I have a couple gal. already for my other cars) but since I'll be flushing it well I could change to the 'pink' if it cools better. I'll post when I finish all the work and see if the temps come down.'
REPLY: I dont know the Specific Heat rating of the pink or the green . Sorry.
'Oh by the way I read somewhere years ago that Darwin himself years after his theory was published actually believed he was all wet, he originally wanted to figure out how God did things here NOT replace Him with 'natural selection'. Butcher'
REPLY: Either way, Darwin like everyone else who is no longer here, is a CREATIONIST now ! A very good scholarly book which i thoroughly enjoyed so much that i read it 3 times..is the book called :" I Dont Have ENough Faith to be an Atheist" by Dr. Norman Geisler ; even Atheists have written in and said just how compelling the book really is Its available as a featured book at www.impactapologetics.com . There is a section in the book on how Darwinian Evolution violates the many established Laws of Science . The Author is one of Christianitys best Debaters and on the website there are Debate Videos between him and Secular Humanists ; it is quite entertaining and educational.
Dave
Snip

Got any information on this mix that you could share? As I remember the less antifreeze you use the lower your boiling point is, see ---
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/images/art_protection_chart.jpg
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

I think it's important to balance specific heat of the solution against boiling point.
Higher specific heat means better heat transfer from the engine to the radiator and the less chance of hitting the boiling point. Us 'desert rats' think that's a good deal.
I use 50-50 and have good waterpump life.
For ethylene glycol mixes, see: < http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ethylene-glycol-d_146.html > -- pj
2. Run no more than 25% coolant to 75% distilled water. "Got any information on this mix that you could share? As I remember the less antifreeze you use the lower your boiling point is, see ---"
REPLY: The info. i have is from Redline Chemical Co. makers of Water Wetter. , and from talking directly with a Redline Tech. Rep. He said if you want a cooling system that performs to its maximum capability to keeps temps down...and have a/c in the car...then go with 25% coolant to 75% distilled water and a bottle of Water Wetter. If you have no a/c in the car, go with 100% distilled water and a bottle of Water Wetter. NOTE: This only applies to summer driving ; if you life in a cold climate, then correct antifreeze levels must be maintained during winter use to avoid freezing.
The Water Wetter has all the anti corrosion properties needed as well as water pump lubricant.
In my 1970 vette, i use 10% anti freeze with 90% water which gives me freezeup protection in the winter down to approx. 15 f. ; The car is kept in my well insulated / heated garage here in far northern illinois over the winter and ive never seen it get below 25 f. in the garage without heater operation. The difference it makes for summer driving is incredible ; most of the time, the temp is hovering around 180 f. unless im stopped at a light for an extended period of time. I do use a higher pressure rated Radiator Cap of 23 # instead of the standard 16 #.
Dave
Dad wrote:

Carlin was the Zen Master. His last concert showed his age starting to catch up with him a little. He could remember a 2 hour set without any cue cards taped to the stage floor, including his brilliant setups and call backs.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
"Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message wrote:

Never driven a C5 or C6. Have been a passenger in a C5. What I'll say is I like the driver's seat in my '93 a lot. Never been a passenger in it. :o)
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
don't think.....
just do it!

:o)

Several 2001's had bad rings from the factory and really used oil