Thought about returning in a c5

Page 2 of 2
lol - i think you have evolutionary and revolutionary confused with each other - based on your sentence composition.
if the vette is to remain front-engine, rwd...then that'd be revolutionary;
to be evolutionary...it'd need to be mid-engine

engine. Evolution is more like the way the 911 has changed (or not changed) over time. I think you are mixing up mutation (abrupt change in form) with evolution (gradual, progressive change).
Whatever words are chosen, the Corvette is likely to retain its current configuration if only to keep cost down. I can't see GM investing in another sports car platform until they can regain some market share and profitability.
But a mid-engined Corvette would shake the industry if GM could pull it off at a low price point. Let the old farts put their golf clubs into a Camaro, I say.
i say the vette should remain front-engine, rwd. but if the brass is so insistant on entering the exotic market with this mid-engine vette...than make two, two versions.
one should be the vette as its configuration is now.
and one should be a limited production, 'exotic' version, mid-engine configuration, more horses, track-tuned suspension, chasis, and an improved interior - all at a premium price...for the american exotic-seekers
by the way, americans suck at trying to be exotic...just look at their last attempt, with the ford gt (lol)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:29:06 -0700, "Lawrence Lugar"

Wouldn't the mid engine be RWD? And the engine placement is for overall balance of the car.
-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...
Did you notice how the SBC sound changed when they changed the firing order? Sounds more like a Fxxd, ugh.

I always loved the sound of the late '60s big block Mopars. It was like they intentionally made them sound that way just to irk Chevy guys. They were neat cars, but my first love was and still is Chevy. The mid '90s Z28 has a rumble that sounds like it means business. But few cars do anymore.

grin, you'd like wife's car then! '94 with the LT1 and a manual.
Tom in Missouri wrote:

Humm, I dunno, the Ford has 3 and 8 reversed, but then it's hard to hear other cars over the pipes on the wife car. And as for the 'vert, well it's hard to hear what's so far behind ya. :-)
Dad wrote:

ACAR wrote:

The 'vette IS a mid-engine forward mounted design. Mid engine means between the rear AND the front wheels. The engine is behind the front wheels. AWD isn't going to shed any weight. Look what a Z06 does to a Lambo, and with 135 less horsepower.

I have a '96 and an '03. I know what you mean about the handling. The 03 feels very much like you are perched on it. The 96 feels like you are snuggled into it. The 96 GSC tires are slightly stickier than the EMT's on the 03. I think that's why the Z06's don't use the EMT's. The 96 is heavier with more body roll but slightly better pitch and yaw stability in corners and much better yaw stability when braking, especially on uneven pavement. Awhile back I read a comment from someone who raced C5's professionally. As I recall, he said that you have to just have faith that the C5 will get through the corner as you don't get much feedback. I drive both the 96 and the 03 every week and through the same turns. The best description I can give of the difference is that at 50 MPH on a typical cloverleaf loop, the 03 is busier than the 96.

Change the tires.....
--
ZRiX