Three lines on Auto climate control readout '92 vette - inoperative

I have a 1992 Corvette convertible - I went to start it today, and the automatic climate control has three horizontal lines across the readout and it is inoperative - what is the problem with it???

The computer that controls the system has probably failed. I had a similar problem with my '91. $900 and six weeks later I got my car back from Bill Heard Chevrolet in Nashville. This is NOT a cheap repair.
--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus