Tire Pressure Monitor

the only one way for your DIY is put back your tire in correct way. then take off the tire only (wheel cannot be changed the location, because the tire sensor had monted in the wheel), then change tire location only, not wheel.

actually, they has a special wireless tool to wake up your tire, but the tool is not so cheap, and every car brand has differnet code tools, and these OEM sensor supplier has no technology for re-location function for without tool. therefor, even tire manitain shop, they hate that job for location tire.

Try Orange TPMS

they has this function inside, thus, if you want to rotate your tire location, you just change it ans normal, their receiver will be auto catch the new ID and locatoin of tire. that is a new technology.

if you have any question in TPMS, you can just write them an email. they are willing to answer you any TPMS questions.

Z=FFRiX wrote:

Reply to
aliber

A couple of items that seem to be in confusion here.

  1. The caddys need to know which sensor is reporting from what corner, hence the reprogramming requirement on a rim relocation.
  2. The vette\caddy system is accurate to pounds pressure while the abs derived system is > Dad wrote:
Reply to
Bob I

I don't know much about the Public Citizen group, but the concerns they raise are enough to make me wonder how useful tire pressure information will be if the thresholds are as low as they describe. I'm also concerned about a statement by that group that the systems do not have to work with replacement tires. And apparently the final rule says the systems need not measure tire pressure until a motorist has been driving between 30 and 60 miles per hour continuously for 20 minutes. If true, TPMS with that threshold of operation would be useless in most urban/suburban highway settings.

It sounds like there will be little consistency in tire pressure information between car manufacturers because of the exceptions permitted under the rule.

See this link - what do you think:

John S.

Since I started this debate, here's my 2 cents. The dealer in question has done all waranty work, maintance, and repairs on both my CTS and Escalade. This amounts to thousands of dollars in revenue over the past few years. I don't have the attitude that everything should be free; the dealer's in business (like me) to make money and I have no problem paying for labor and parts. However, as previous posts prove, this is a simple 2 minute job that doesn't require any parts. Considering how much business they had from me, 2 minutes of a tech's time, without charge, seems to be a reasonable request.

Reply to
Luke

If the op got the tires rotated somewhere,

Because they might want to sell me another car? Oh I forgot, they don't make any money selling the things -- just servicing them. I'm convinced GM deliberately designs systems so complicated they can force you to come back to dealers to have them serviced. Owners can't even perform routine maintenance anymore because it requires special tools or filters/parts available only at the dealer. Really disgusting and one reason I've stopped having anything done except an occasional oil change because I don't keep the things past warranty anyhow.

Reply to
Windcat

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:48:42 GMT, Windcat puked:

Are you serious? That's not true in the least.

lab~rat

Right! That's certainly what we do at our dealership...hang around waiting for do things for free so "you might" buy another car. People like you won't be happy anywhere anyways....so you might just as well bugger off.

How very ethical of you! Just pass your un-maintained vehicle onto the next poor shmuck eh?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Bob I

Hey guys. People in here have been voicing their opinions and disagreeing for a long, long time without having to call each other names. It's been pretty nice that way.

Reply to
BDragon

Yutz? That's fairly tame in the newsgroups. Of course, maybe you own the newsgroup that you are talking from and have your own set of rules.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Whatever you're used to Ian. Any name calling is pretty sophomoric. Most of us just yak about Corvettes, and I guess occasionally get under someone's saddle with something about a Cadillac, which I think is what upset you. People come an go, but yes, this is a pretty civil group. Hope you enjoy it since it is usually much different than many others.

Reply to
BDragon

I didn't respond with the "yutz" comment, was more just responding to your response. Usually, the only thing that gets my goat is the enormous number of people that imagine far more items on their cars ought to be repaired for free.

I'm only here because of the cross posts. Guess I'll trim out the Corvette group. Nice cars, but I have to work on the things during the day, so it's just another car to me. Though I did just take an

06 ragtop out for a spin yesterday.....I really...really...like the new Corvettes. They look better, drive better, feel better....and did I mention they look better? Unfortunately, GM has managed to make them even more difficult to work on. We have one (06) in the shop getting something done to the left fuel tank sending unit. The whole rear drivetrain has to come out, just to get the fuel tank in and out. Oh well, winter is coming and we usually don't see the Corvettes until spring and summer.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Strange, how many 06 Corvettes does your dealer have? I didn't think they were on the road yet????

Reply to
Dad

shiden_kai wrote: =- - - - - - - snip -----------

--------------- snip

Good practice here is: Never tell anyone where you keep your goat!

PJ

Reply to
PJ

Reply to
BDragon

I wouldn't worry, I was never really "here" anyway.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Of course it is Luke.. I was the Assistant Service Manager for Mitchell Motors Cadlliac for a few years, and if I heard that from one of my Service Writers, he would of gotten reprimanded. In my experience Cadlliac owners in general are very loyal to their Dealerships for the desirable Customer Pay jobs if the warranty work period was satisfactory...

Now I d> Considering how much business they had from me, 2

Reply to
RicSeyler