Tire Recommend for '63 Split Window

I've got a restored '63 split window vette. It's been running on Continental SportContact2 tires, but I'm unhappy with the road holding of these tires.
Any recommendations for vettes of this era would be appreciated.
Codifus

I doubt if its the tires, The problem is more than likely the wax they use on museum floors. It builds up on your tires, my suggestion would be to clean your tires before rolling the car outside to load on the trailer.
kickstart

how did ya get a "museum" reference out of that ?
--
"Key"
========

I talked to a lot of owners and did a lot of fit checks on other midyear cars with various tires. I found that the most common point of interference was the bolts for the steering box and that cars with tires wider than 215 always had shinny bolt heads from tire rubbing.
I obtained the specifications of the (largest OEM stock) 7.75x15 tire and calculated that the P215/70R15 was the closest modern tire size that would result in the same OD and height.
I am currently using BF Goodrich Radial TAs which were only available with whitewall which I mounted to the inside. I have not had any clearance problems and am satisfied with the 'look'.
YMMV

So the Goodrich Radial TA's aren't "one way" tires? I know some of these performance tires are only designed to rotate in one direction.
Putting them on backward would also have these "one way" tires running the wrong way, I think.
Codifus wrote:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake Goodrich&tireModel=Radial+T%2FA