Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 24, 2009, 11:22 am
rate this thread
Any new tire would be quieter until they start to cup, check yours and
see if it has done that already. Plus the tire noise never goes
completely away even with added insulation, but it all helps. Nothing
will help tires that have already started to scallop/cup except
replacement. One thing to note is the Super car tread allows you to
rotate side to side which the EMTt & Super car EMT did not with non
directional tread, it all helps.
You can do an all wheel alignment and stop the cupping from
re-accruing when you put new tires on. Change the camber to as close
to 0 as possible will negate the inner shoulder wear that is so
prevalent. Toe, .05 left and right to also reduce scalloping of the
tire edges. The tires should run longer and quieter, been there, done
Good luck and enjoy one of the best Corvettes ever built.
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
64 Red/red/white top/4spd
- » Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work
- — Last Updated thread in » Chevy Corvette Forum
- » Interesting side effect of new IACV on Focus 1.8
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Car Maintenance
- » Re: 97 Ford Ranger - Heat & AC Blower Fan stopped working?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Ford Forum