tires

Bought a 98 vette. Has toyo tires. They seem quite loud over the highway. Is this a known issue? My first vette.Suggestions on replacements. Thanks Joe

Joe? Can you hear me??
-W

I have been very happy with Michelin Pilot 2's

Goodyear Run Flats came on my 2000 convertible. They were OK on macadam but very loud on cement. Mid-America sells stuff for the inerior than dampens the sound. I replaced the Goodyears at about 45K miles with Michelin ZP (Zero Pressure) Run Flats. They were much quieter.
I would suggest you partner up with some local Vette owners and take a ride to determine whether your tires are unacceptable.
Bob Drake C3/C4/C5
Remember, old tires are noisier than new tires. So ask folks what "OLD" tires they have been happiest with.
Joe wrote:

My old Michelin ZPs are quieter than the Goodyears. The noticeable difference is in the increase in tire pressure as the tire gets hot. The Michelins will go up about 4 lbs - Goodyears were about 3. ZPs may be a softer tire but I am guessing. I put nitrogen in the Michelins (had air as well - hard to evacuate them) and the pressure change dropped to about 3.
I don't autocross any more so I can't speak to handling - just cruising. Bob C3/C4/C5
Blue C5 wrote:

I'd guess the temp increase difference is due to more flexible side walls on ZP's. In reality, air is nearly 4/5's nitrogen, so adding in 2 atmospheres of nitrogen, you are down to 7% O2. I'd worry more about moisture as the big pressure changer due to temperature increases.
Bob I wrote:

Agree with Bob -- 3 to 4 years is all you should expect from speed rated rubber.
Some "low-noise" tires (ex: Yokohama dB2) use an outer nylon belt to quiet tread noise. Those may take 10-15 miles to warm up. Great for a trip on the highway but a source of misery if most of your runs are 20-30 miles.
Dad's Conti's are nice all-round tires.