Tires

Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?

I also have a small budget do to the economy.

Thanks

Mark

Depends on what you want to spend that budget on. Good place to get an idea of the going price on tires is

They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their prices for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport and it has been a good tire AFAIK.

Reply to
Dad

> They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and > balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their prices > for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport > and it has been a good tire AFAIK.

I'm not close to Tire Rack, but they shipped my tires directly to the Chevy dealer here in Tucson. The Chevy dealer is not that very good for service, but their tire center does a great job. There is (or was) a place on the Tire Rack web page to search for installers that they work with.

-- Jim

Reply to
JimH

>> They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and >> balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their >> prices for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich >> g-Force Sport and it has been a good tire AFAIK.>

Fully understand everyone is not close to Tirerack and as I said they can be a good start to compare prices. If you take their price of $116 @ + $50 shipping + an average of $20 each to mount and tire disposal it will come out close to $600. The shipping is more than the tax in most places so it may be a good bargaining tool with a local tire dealer. In this case the 16" rim limits his tire selection. Don't forget they offer a $60 rebate on 4 of these tires as does Discount tire.

Actually my last set of tires came from

that much better price but they had near stock looking 13" Firestone tires for my '65 Mustang. They to were easy to deal with, again just a tad better than Tirerack.

Reply to
Dad

Beware of those "STUPID little rice burners" You just might get your doors dusted.

Reply to
Roy

The Tire Rack can give you the run around real good at times.

Reply to
Where is Roger Smith When you

If you're near a Costco, you might check there.

Stopped by the local store's tire shop today. Michelin's were about $215 plus tax and state recycling fee.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

i've been using costco for my 94 for years. they just stopped carring bfg for it, and the only tires they carry for in 17" for late c4s is around $430/per wheel.

Reply to
chaniarts

Reply to
tnovot

discount tire will match prices with tire rack. there is a link on the discount site to send them the page for tirerack of what you want, and if discount is higher, then they will match it via a return email.

Reply to
chaniarts