Took the Vette to Home Depot Today

And I parked it next door at the Pet Smart in the Prius area! No one even got close to me.

Then I went to Costco and parked over at the Radio Shack.

I bought a bag of Kirkland cat food, a case of canned dog food, two 3-globe bathroom vanity lights, 10 lbs of thighs, a cryovac of NY strips, a gallon of pet carpet deoderant, a case of fuel injector cleaner, a case of Kirland TP and a case of fluoro light bulbs. And from HomeDepot, two boxes of vct commercial tile (heavy) and two Moen bathroom faucets. Needless to say, the Corvette was about full.

And then some chick in a BMW Z4 3.0 wants to race on the way home. That's a pretty zippy car. Blasted her with the American Z.

Then to top it off, do you guys have any of those unmanned radar warning machines in front of schools? From the stop light to the radar I registered 74 mph. I'm sure the old guy in the Buick I left at the stop light was duely impressed. And yes, it was 7 pm and school was out.

Spud

Bright red Vette with Zero, 0 DMV points.

Reply to
spud

There's one near the K-4 school only a couple of blocks from my home. It's on a street with a wide median and they move it from one side of the street to the other. From what I can tell, the thing is really accurate.

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Yup, because it was 7pm its OK to race down the street to the school at 40 MPH over the limit?

I'm sure the old guy in the Buick was real impressed.

Reply to
darden25

Given the "school factor" it's probably only 20 miles over. If visibility and SA were OK - then ya... it's all sport from there.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Please drive safely . The guy in the Buick was shaking his head at you, and we are not impressed .

Reply to
IlBeBauck

Snip

??Please drive safely . The guy in the Buick was shaking his head at ??you, and we are not impressed .

What do you mean "We are not impressed." you now can speak for all of us? You may think of your self as a self appointed Jim Jones but somehow I think not.

You still driving 55 in the fast lane so no one can speed? If so I'll wave as I pass you on the right today on my way to Wisconsin. Stupid left lane loafers, Ill-noise is full of them.

Reply to
Dad

Sounds like it could be fun, but they didn't have them when I was a kid. In fact, sigh, they didn't have a Corvette then. I do remember a trembling cop standing beside my '61 writing out a ticket for triple digits on US12, lots of hills and curves, out of Detroit once. Now they just take your license and off you go to jail for that speed.

I'm out of here, glad I still have the rain tires on..

Reply to
Dad

Heh... While I ws not particularly "impressed", I did chuckle back to remembering my younger days with my car (I got it at 18) and some of the strange things I'd load it up with and/or do with the car.

Those automated speed notification thingies did make for great sport. You just mark off 1/4 mile in front of it with a chalk line and then use it as a finish. No we didn't do that with one near a school, but it was close enough that I chuckled remembering we all thought it was cool (at the time) to turn an anti-speeding thing into a makeshift drag strip at night.

Now that I've had my car 30+ years.... the newness has worn off that stuff... but I can still get a giggle remembering when I was young and cool with way too much HP to play with. :)

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Dave proves correct that old proverb of "Once an A-hole, always an A- hole"

Reply to
Ken