traction control in snow

How do the 02 - 04 corvettes handle in snow with traction control?

I have '85, auto, prior to traction control. When I used to drive it in snow, it would fish tail if too much gas was applied.

Thanks in advance for any experiences.

MT

Reply to
MT

any rear drive car would fish tail if too much gas was applied.

Reply to
"Key

Reply to
RicSeyler

Ric, is that only applicable to rear wheel drive? *lol* LOL And if you drive it in the rain, it will get wet... :-)

Reply to
StingRay

LOL I keep forgetting about the poor misguided kids now-a-days.... Stomp on it and the front tires chirp... Ugggggghhhh LOLOLOL

Hell some of those Ricers would be really cool if it weren't for the abomination of FWD.. That just goes against everything in my core being...

The only exception I can think of is watching a Road Race last year where a, hopped up to the extreme, Cooper Mini was beating the hell out of a '67 Big Block around the track. LOLOL It was hilarious.

St> "RicSeyler"

Reply to
RicSeyler

A Mini was the ultimate in FWD. In England, they were driven by the English and the Americans, and you could instantly tell which was driving. Driving along in a normal fashion were the English. Driving along foot to the floor like you were on a go-kart track were the Americans.

One really fun car. I messed up by not bringing one home. When not in town or around other traffic, I typically planted the right foot to the floor and controlled speed with the stick in my left hand. Darn tempered windshield took 10 years off me one day though with a lorry tossed a rock through in on my way to work.

The place FWD comes into its own is a very tight twisty track or a track in the rain.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

My best bud Peter Woolhouse imports Cooper Minis from England as a business, (right hand drive ones). He's from Wakefield, England. He goes back every few months and scours the country for good specimens. And has them shipped over. Mostly he sells on eBay. And he has a 2 car trailer/truck rig and delivers them to his customers for a small extra fees. You pay 50% up front and the other half upon delivery, IF the car meets your expectations. IF not you get your 50% back.

He does a heck of a bus>A Mini was the ultimate in FWD. In England, they were driven by the English

BAH!! There is never an excuse for FWD!! A cold sore will keep and ugly girl from trying to kiss you, but is it something you actually want?! hehehehe ;-)

Reply to
RicSeyler