Trickle Charging?

Page 2 of 2

Thanks Dad for the explanation. Seems to be a lot of good info in this newsgroup even for us wannabees or just non-vette owners so I'll keep my eyes posted here to learn more. I'm not that young and have learned a lot about cars in my years (personally doing or hiring the work) but you can't argue with experience nor stop learning more.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend +1 hour more.
-RnR-
Has anyone ever thried a charger from CTEK ?
A show on SPEED (Dream Car Garage) spoke highly of them.
Thanks for any comments.
Art
Battery Tender is a brand name for a "float charger". You can buy a "float charger" at other places for less $ than Battery Tender that does the same job; i.e.. Harley shops sell Battery Tender because their new AGM ( absorbed glass mat) batteries must not be overcharged and require a "float" system. You can go to a Suzuki shop and buy a "float" charger made by Yuasa (largest battery manufacturer) for about 1/2 the price and it does the same job. I use it for my bikes and my '75 Vette. Just switch it around from machine to machine and I haven't bought a battery in a long time.