Trip through NO ?

Hey guys, looking for some information or insights from those of you who may live or have recently traveled through the gulf coast, especially New
Orleans.
In a few weeks I am going to drive my C6 coupe from San Diego to FLA. I had intended to go through Houston to NO and on to FLA on the coast. But have been hearing from some other folks that roads are really bad and that there are little in the way of motels etc. left and that in some cities (Mobile and others) there are crime and police problems involving truckers and tourists driving through. Sounds a bit like the wild west and I am wondering if I am going to be a bigger target than normal if I show up in a flashy car with Ca. plates.
Any thoughts on the conditions, accomidations and route relating to driving a Vette?
brian

chances on both. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061013/ap_on_re_us/bodies_along_turnpike
Good luck
I live on the Gulf Coast. The drive from Panama City through Destin then through Navarre to Pens Beach, then over to Biloxi and then to NO is very pretty. You have to get back on the interstate in a few places, like before and after Mobile. But there are many stretches where you can travel along the Gulf. There are accommodations back in service in NO now. Not nearly all, but you should have no trouble, especially this time of year. And the weather now is beautiful here. The water is too cool for a "tourista" ":-) to hit the Gulf. But beautiful. And you will see just how little has been accomplished in rebuilding after Ivan and Katrina. Very very sad. It will shock you after all this time.
Old & in the way.... wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

what are you talking about ? try using quotes and one may be able to figure out what you're responding to.
my2
--
"Key"
=====

If it's snipped like this would it help?
S,CNR

was wondering what was the "crock" about New Orleans. but, I like your response :-) I use to live in Houston years ago ! actually it was the suburb of Pasadena....
G'day Dad
--
"Key"
---snip---