Update...

On the "underhaul" of my '68 vert. Goal is to *never* have to re-visit the undercarrage in my personal lifetime.

All research and procurement is finally done. About 3k spent in total. Another $500 on interior fix up parts.

Car will be *all* new underneath from the transmission tail seal back and from the steering box forward. It's iether getting replaced if it moves - or blasted and painted if "static". Going from 3.08 to 3.70 in the rear end. (even made $200 buying and selling pumpkins!)

Rebuilt the master cylinder and replacing the rest of the brakes - SS lines too.

I've been sandblasting about 2 hours a day... shower and then painting what I blasted. Don't envision any "final assembly" in the rear to begin for about a month.

I need to stay focused on the small areas..... if I look at the big picture I get overwhelmed. For now... the rear, next the front, then the brakes, then the interior, sound, and top.

Budget will not support paint on this round... but soon.......... :)

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:54:01 -0500, "Clams Canino" puked:

Have you been taking pictures as you go? I always like to see what folks do that I don't have the patience for...

lab~rat >:-)

Snip

I'm not sure I want to see pictures of what you don't have patience to do?????

;-))

Reply to
Dad