Using Aviation Fuel from your local airport ... in your Vette

Page 2 of 2

Pete, as an impartial and ill-informed observer on the subject matter, thanks for some interesting information.

I'm certainly as subject to error and false belief as anyone else, but this being a discussion forum I thought I'd toss in what I think I know. No doubt others have strongly differing opinions, and are welcome to them. Most of what I offered is subjective except the figures on lead content, and I took those from a couple of refineries' sites and the EPA site - I judge middlin' reliable sources.
The core issue of this discussion thread is addressed unambiguously by EPA regulation, excerpted here from their website:
"Prohibition on the Use of Leaded Gasoline in On-Road Vehicles. Section 211(n) of the 1990 CAAA states: 'After December 31, 1995, it shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, supply, offer for supply, dispense, transport, or introduce into commerce, for use as fuel in any motor vehicle (as defined in Section 219(2)) any gasoline which contains lead or lead additives.' This provision applies only to on-road vehicles. Enacting regulations were promulgated [61FR3837, February 2, 1996]."
[excerpted from http://www.epa.gov/grtlakes/bns/lead/steplead.html , para 4.1]

Thanks for the link and your elaboration on the whole issue. Makes sense to me.