Wall Mart Battery in C5

Anybody using a Wall Mart battery in a C5. My Delco is crapping out and needs to be replaced. I have always used Wall Mart replacement batteries in my cars, including a C4.
aRKay
FWIW- that "WalMart battery" is likely made by Exide, if it's an EverStart.
aRKay wrote:

Don't expect them to last anywhere near their advertised lifespan. I've never used one in my Corvette but I had one in my Fiero. The first one lasted one year (five year battery) the replacement lasted two years.
aRKay wrote:

Anything that last over six months is better than a Delco. Battery technology sucks at best. You pay for the warranty. The good thing about Wall Mart is they are everywhere and most are open 24 hours 7 days a week. Car batteries NEVER crap out during normal business hours. They have a three year replacement free. I will go with the Wall Mart and see what happens

Humm, did you have a problem with a Delco battery or something? Maybe up here in Minnesota they give us the good stuff? I've NEVER had to exercise the warranty on ours and have them in 3 vehicles from 3 to 12 years old (replaced one in that time at the 7 year mark)
aRKay wrote:

Bob I wrote:

That's been my experience as well... the Delco's I've had outlasted their warranty, whereas my experience with Sears has led me to believe they sell you a 3-year battery with a 5-year warranty (at a 5-year price) so you'll come back for a replacement discount after 3 years.
I will NEVER (ever) buy a Delco. Two crapped out while in warranty and were replaced by the dealer. One died at the airport while dropping off my wife and the C5 had to be towed to the dealer. The latest died in the garage and was replaced this morning with a Wall Mart 3 year replacement free battery for half the cost of an Optima. Wall Marts are everywhere and most are open 24 hr/ 7day a week. Car batteries seem to always die on weekends.
It was no bid deal to install and the C5 is a happy starter now.

I put a WalMart battery in my Nissan 1992 240 sx. That was 5 years ago and still going strong.
aRKay wrote:

They have one year free replacement, after that it is pro-rated.
You haven't been to Wal-Mart in awhile. Two years free replacement, no questions. Other than my still running JC Penny's lifetime warranty battery, it is all I buy.

Be careful about what type of battery you put in the c-5 ,i know they changed the type of battery i don't remeber what year.The new style delco batt for corvette has something in it to prevent it from leaking (there is a lot of wiring under battery ) is can cause a electrical headache.
THANK YOU David
I like to keep mine original - DELCO

After three Delco 'original' batteries crapped out without warning, I replaced the last one with the Wall Mart Every Start. It was 1/3 the cost of the Delco, has more cranking amps and a better warranty. The best part is I can get a replacement just about anywhere 24 hours/7 days a week.
I hate to sound like a Wall Mart commercial but I will NEVER but another Delco battery. They die with no warning and seem to always die in bad places.