Wall Mart Battery in C5

Anybody using a Wall Mart battery in a C5. My Delco is crapping out and needs to be replaced. I have always used Wall Mart replacement batteries in my cars, including a C4.

aRKay

Reply to
aRKay

Bob I

Anything that last over six months is better than a Delco. Battery technology sucks at best. You pay for the warranty. The good thing about Wall Mart is they are everywhere and most are open 24 hours 7 days a week. Car batteries NEVER crap out during normal business hours. They have a three year replacement free. I will go with the Wall Mart and see what happens

Reply to
aRKay

Reply to
Bob I

That's been my experience as well... the Delco's I've had outlasted their warranty, whereas my experience with Sears has led me to believe they sell you a 3-year battery with a 5-year warranty (at a 5-year price) so you'll come back for a replacement discount after 3 years.

Reply to
WayneC

Be careful about what type of battery you put in the c-5 ,i know they changed the type of battery i don't remeber what year.The new style delco batt for corvette has something in it to prevent it from leaking (there is a lot of wiring under battery ) is can cause a electrical headache.

THANK YOU David

Reply to
David

I will NEVER (ever) buy a Delco. Two crapped out while in warranty and were replaced by the dealer. One died at the airport while dropping off my wife and the C5 had to be towed to the dealer. The latest died in the garage and was replaced this morning with a Wall Mart 3 year replacement free battery for half the cost of an Optima. Wall Marts are everywhere and most are open 24 hr/ 7day a week. Car batteries seem to always die on weekends.

It was no bid deal to > Humm, did you have a problem with a Delco battery or something? Maybe up

Reply to
aRKay

I put a WalMart battery in my Nissan 1992 240 sx. That was 5 years ago and still going strong.

Reply to
benf802961

They have one year free replacement, after that it is pro-rated.

Reply to
Jon

You haven't been to Wal-Mart in awhile. Two years free replacement, no questions. Other than my still running JC Penny's lifetime warranty battery, it is all I buy.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Reply to
ROBERT S AMP BA Drake

After three Delco 'original' batteries crapped out without warning, I replaced the last one with the Wall Mart Every Start. It was 1/3 the cost of the Delco, has more cranking amps and a better warranty. The best part is I can get a replacement just about anywhere 24 hours/7 days a week.

I hate to sound like a Wall Mart commercial but I will NEVER but another Delco battery. They die with no warning and seem to always die in bad places.

Reply to
aRKay