Wax or what???

This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005EB4C78625703C_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
I just got back from visiting my brother who has a Lotus 7 Kit car with a
fiberglass body. Instead of car wax, he suggested I try a product originally designed, I think, for fiberglass boats and fiberglass above ground pools - called aerospace 303. He said it cut through normal road grime easily, restored the deep burgundy red color in his car's body, and dust seemed to blow off after use. Does anyone else here use it or something similar? It seems to make sense that something designed for fiberglass might be better than "normal" autobody products, but am unsure. Any thoughts on whether it could hurt my sebring silver finish?? Thanks in advance. --=_alternative 005EB4C78625703C_Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
---snip---
cut the html when on usenet.
Your last 2 sentences say it all. First off you're not treating fiberglass. You are treating the finish, paint. I've not used the product your talking about but if it worked on his kit car "paint" it will most probably work on other painted surfaces. Try a spot that would not be objectionable if it was a total disaster and let us know how it works out. Don't think there should be a problem from what you indicate.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
I just got back from visiting my brother who has a Lotus 7 Kit car with a fiberglass body. Instead of car wax, he suggested I try a product originally designed, I think, for fiberglass boats and fiberglass above ground pools - called aerospace 303. He said it cut through normal road grime easily, restored the deep burgundy red color in his car's body, and dust seemed to blow off after use. Does anyone else here use it or something similar? It seems to make sense that something designed for fiberglass might be better than "normal" autobody products, but am unsure. Any thoughts on whether it could hurt my sebring silver finish?? Thanks in advance.
There you have it! I just knew Dodge was using vinyl shelf paper instead of paint!
;-))
Seriously tho, it sounds like good stuff.
Marty

I'm still a little skeptical also, one 1984 Dodge truck does not a case make. Still interesting though.
Dad
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

"Marty" < snipped-for-privacy@starband.net> wrote in message
Yea, The mfr.doesn't recommend or warn against using on paint so your advice to "test on a a hidden spot" would be most prudent. I much prefer someone else be the guinee pig <g>
Marty

If 303 Aerospace Protectant is what you are reffering to, it is for vinyls, plastics and fiberglass gelcoats, not paint.
http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID23
=========Marty, cut the html. this is a plain text group.
just a heads up...
--
"Key"

Sorry, Thought I had it set to plain text. I think I got it to plain text now, gotta love OE.
Marty

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID23

no need to apoligise. it was just a "heads up"

yea ya do.
g'day to ya Marty
--
"Key"