what do you think about the camaro ss 2002

Looking for a vette came across a red convertible ss camaro. Have not driven it yet. Does it flex like my c4 did or better like the c5. Please dont harass me. real opionons please

red, 6spd 18K miles about 20K price

Reply to
rebco10

REPLY: I think the only way your going to find out is to test drive it and put it thru its paces ; I think you need to decide if you will be happy with a Camaro instead of Americas Icon Car , the coveted Corvette. For $20k you are within reach of a decent early C5 ... at least you are in the Chicagoland vette market at present. While ive never owned a C4 or 5, Ive ridden in both and theres a world of difference between the two, like night and day. I have a C6 (2006) which im very pleased with. Do Camaro SS drivers wave at one another and are there Camaro SS Car Clubs around ? Just curious. Not that its a deal-breaker . Give it plenty of thought before you hand over the money.

Reply to
IlBeBauck

I had a '94 LT1 Firebird. Same chassis. It felt like there was a big hinge in the middle of the car. After a bump in the road, the whole body would continue to reverberate for a few cycles. I replaced the shocks, springs, and every bushing in the front and rear suspension. Didn't help. And it rode like a tank. After an hour in the drivers seat I'd be ready to cough up my nuts. That was with new factory take- off shocks and springs from SLP - the same parts they removed from Firehawks and SS Camaros to make them ride harder!

Anyways, the one I had flexed much more than a C4 with worse ride quality, and there's no comparison to a C5.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Very helpful. BTW I did just get an 01 corvette and returned it with my $$ back as the rear had issues. So I will keep looking. Thanks for the info. The best advice is from soemeone that drove or owned both.

Reply to
rebco10

I always thought the damn things had solid iron bars instead of shocks & springs. Talk about feeling every damn bump & defect in the road. About knocked out all my fillings & have me permanent numb-butt. Oh and as they aged the bastards creak, groan & moan like nobodies business (the car not my butt).

Reply to
Zomby-Woof

Don't get me started on the interior. If you could somehow hold the car upside down and shake it, most of the interior parts would fall right out. The center console attaches to the floor by two plastic clips that probably come from the factory already broken. It's all vinyl and flimsy plastic and everything rear of the seats assembles like a house of cards. At every bump or pebble in the road, the interior erupts in rattles and clanks as the loose parts resonate and the spare wonder-wheel and jack flop around hopelessly in the right rear quarter panel.

But don't get me wrong, I like Camaros and Firebirds. I've owned a dozen of them.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

I didn't mean to infer I didn't like them either, especially First Gen's, but god-damn the newer one's suspensions are a mess. I'll be interested to see how the reconstituted version turns out.

Reply to
Zomby-Woof

Now if only one could do that wife a wife.

Reply to
Zomby-Woof

really no compairson between the vette and the camaro.

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

I suppose you can, but the restocking fee is HUGE.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

I'm sure it'll cost $38k+ and every single one will have an automatic transmission. As usual, across the street at the Ford lot, there'll be a whole line of V8 Mustangs with 5 speeds, cloth seats, and $25k sticker prices - which will make sure the 5th gen F-body is a limited edition.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

I really hope not. The new Camaro might be my next car. I liked the demo model I saw at the Team Chevy area at IMS last week.

Another issue - I can't imagine why they're not offering xenon headlights on the new Malibu.

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

So is the license fee to upgrade from Girlfriend 5.0 to Wife 1.0. Lots of bugs in that release as well.

Reply to
Zombywoof

But didn't they share the same Enginia towards the end of the Camaro's run?

Reply to
Zombywoof

How does beta 0.95 fit into this?

-- pj

Reply to
pj

As long as you aren't running it concurrently, no problems.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Yeah I did this once. Lots of bugs but after 26 years I've managed to work most (NOT all) of the bugs out. Still working on the remaining nagging ones :-( . That's why I keep this one because I don't want to beta test another.

Reply to
observer

I seem to remember driving a friend's mid 70's corvette and I remember the same thing. It felt like I was sitting in a car without any shocks or springs too. I can't imagine a long trip in that car. It cornered well tho as I recall.

Reply to
observer

I've driven both. Go with the C5 or the camaro

Reply to
maxt