What's after Z06?

Page 2 of 2

Not true, better read it again, you might be thinking about the cylinder flange.

That happened in the last century, you need to catch-up with the present day Corvette before you start making it better.
There was also magnesium wheels available as an option for the C5, didn't sell well and was dropped.

Don't forget its ability to crack at any time it wants to because of the corrosion, not on my list of improvements (?).

Which it does now without the garbage that would be added for DOD. I wonder if that has anything to do with the cost that makes it so awsome?

Dad wrote:

Yes indeed. You recommend any Corvette history books? I've just been fed a bunch of German crap from friends and ads for awhile, that one day, I was just browsing cars, and started reading about the Vettes. And I looked at the numbers and prices and went, "HOLY COW!"

Why? Were they ugly?

Really? I've read it does 26mpg, I think on edmonds. If it does better than that, that's pretty cool. My 2004 BMW 6 is quoted at doing 26mpg too, but in reality it does much less, like 19mpg, no matter how much I try to feather the gas. It's 4.5L displacement is less than a Vette, but the Vette gets better mileage! Wow. (That and the fact that my BMW is a slug compared to the Vette.)

wrote in message

A nice handy referance book is the Corvette Black Book, available from Amazon. Also take a look in http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/portal /

There you go again, why do they need to be ugly? They were expensive, I think around $3,000, but a good looking wheel, YMMV.

I have to admit that I was working at getting good mileage on a 625 mile trip when it got 33.8. Most of the time it stays between 28/30 after it had 10K on it.

Not many machines on the road that are made better than the BMW, just not my bag.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

CONVERTIBLE!
1. They already make a convertible. and 2. Aluminum doesn't like being flexed so they aren't going to cut the top off the Z06.
Bchbound wrote:

I could live with some type of roll bar or whatnot....

Take a look at the Mosler MT900S, and you'll see how GM could improve, and lighten the vette.
http://www.moslerauto.com
spewed forth:

You mean GM should pump the price up to $189,000 and go back to the old 5.5 liter engine? Hmmm, and you think that will improve sales?!
I didn't mean GM should copy the MT900, but the could learn alot in how to save weight, since the Z06 is a bloated 3000+ pound car, and the MT900 weighs in at 2300 pounds.
Oh, and the LS6 is a 5.7L engine, plus the 7.0L engine will bolt right in too, we're running one of those in the yellow car.
spewed forth:

I think the C6R weighs in at 2,425 with the '05 Z06 steel frame and can't imagine how the mt90 can be that heavy and be competitive. May just be their choice of engines that keep them in the running. They need to go to GM and find out how to build a car that is affordable and forget that bloated feeling they are driving.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Hahaha...thats 2300lbs in street trim, ac, power windows, stereo, two seats, etc..
In race trim the MT900R needs weight added, to meet the minimum :) Sub 2000lbs is no problem, if only they would let us run that light.
LoneGunman wrote:

I would hope the car is less of a "work in progress" than the web site--long on menus, fotos and Flash, short on content!
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

Try http://www.mt900.de the german site is brand new, although the specs do vary a bit in the US.