What's this

I did the standard somewhat paranoid test this week - searched myself (dryheatdave) in Google.

Q. Does anyone know about

& why are our alt.autos.corvette NG posts appearing there ?

Reply to
DryHeatDave

There have been several so-called "mirror" websites that repost our stuff. For awhile, some of us were putting "posted originally on alt.autos.corvette" or some disclaimer banning use of our posts on any other site.

I got tired of pasting it in. I think the others did, too.

I googled myself once. It seems there are many more than one "Tom in Missouri". I guess I need to change my name or always post a signature "I only post on alt.autos.corvette", anything else is not me."

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I don't believe that's a mirror site, just a search and display like tinyurl and many other sites that are working at getting hits to display advertisements.

Reply to
Dad