What tailgaters deserve

Page 1 of 2
http://www.videosift.com/video/What-should-be-done-to-tailgaters
If life was fair cops would drag tailgaters out of their cars and beat them within an inch of their lives instead of just tasering college
students and beating up minorities. What would be even better is if you were in a car being driven by that limo driver from the Get Smart movie (1:14 in the trailer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RwhOiV7gVq4
) and when the tailgaters were too close, your driver would slam on the brakes, the tailgaters would cause an accident and when your buiding with hair of a limo driver got out of the car and walked towards them, the tailgaters would need some depends real fast.
Add pictures here
✖

What if the tailgater was a minority college student?
Add pictures here
✖
You really have to much time on your hands and not enough intelligence to use them usefully.
And,
Two rungs short of a ladder.
Or
Three french fries short of a happy meal. If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run a piss-ant's motor-scooter halfway around a Cheerio!' One brick shy of a load. A little loose in the loafers. If you took your and put it in a jay bird, if it could fly at all, it'd fly backards. One pepperoni short of a personal pan. Couldn't count water in a bucket. Couldn't find Memphis with a compass. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. A few clowns short of a circus. A few fries short of a Happy Meal. An experiment in Artificial Stupidity. A few beers short of a six-pack. Dumber than a box of hair. A few peas short of a casserole. Doesn't have all his cornflakes in one box. A couple sandwiches short of a picnic. The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead. One Fruit Loop shy of a full bowl. One taco short of a combination plate. A few feathers short of a whole duck. The porch light's on, but nobody's home. All foam, no beer. The cheese slid off his cracker. Body by Fisher, brains by Mattel. Has an IQ of 2, but it takes 3 to grunt. Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. He fell out of the Stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. An intellect rivaled only by garden tools. As smart as bait. Chimney's clogged. Doesn't have all his dogs on one leash. Doesn't know much but leads the league in nostril hair. Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor. Forgot to pay his brain bill. Her sewing machine's out of thread. His antenna doesn't pick up all the channels. His belt doesn't go through all the loops. If he had another brain, it would be lonely. Missing a few buttons on his remote control. No grain in the silo. Receiver is off the hook. Several nuts short of a full pouch. Skylight leaks a little. Slinky's kinked. Surfing in Nebraska. Too much yardage between the goal posts. Hmmm... Californian. He was fullgrown in body only. Somebody done stole his rudder. He was plumb weak north of his ears. Kind of off his mental reservation. So narrow-minded he could look through a keyhole with both eyes at the same time. His intelligence shore ain't in camp. He couldn't sell hack-saw blades in a hoosegow. He's now studyin' to be a half-wit. So nutty he couldn't see through a ladder. He's as shy of brains as a terrapin is of feathers. His brains don't weigh an ounce of ideas to the ton. He couldn't drive a nail into a snowbank. His brain capacity wouldn't make a drinkin' cup fer a hummin' bird. He ain't got sense enough to spit downwind. His head is so hollow he has to talk with his hands to keep away from the echo. Got nuthin' under his hat but hair. Couldn't find a football in a washtub. He'ld walk into a river so's he could drink standin' up. His brain's so small it would roll around in an ants head like a BB in a boxcar. He's not the brightest crayon in the box. Both oars aren't in the water. One quarter short of a dollar. One brick short of a full load. His elevator doesn't go to the top floor. He is a cup and saucer short of a place setting. He is listening but there are SO MANY words. and most probably, All foam and no beer.
Add pictures here
✖
If you took the brains of both of 'em and put 'em in one jay bird, if it could fly at all, it'd fly backards."
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Better World News TV Channel:
✖

They've not seen such a slow driver before, and it does not occur to them that you are doing 55 out of choice instead of doing 55 on the way to 70+. Because they expect 70+, they are slow to react to your insistance to do only 55.
Add pictures here
✖
"Jeff Strickland" ...

Going 55 when all of the traffic is going 70 can be construed as the infraction of 'obstructing the normal flow of traffic'. Tomes
Add pictures here
✖
Per Tomes:

After getting a ticket for going 67 on 42 South in NJ from some cop who seemed indignant about the whole thing, I tried running that road at a true 55 (the posted limit) a few times.
Sheesh! A number of people were visibly upset, and some of them were actually accelerating away from me as they went down off-ramps.
Heaven forbid somebody going 55 should have to exit left.
Personally, I didn't feel safe and now that I've had my little snit fit, I don't intend to do it any more.
A true 60, yes - that works...on that particular road.
But 55? No way Jose'.
--
PeteCresswell

Add pictures here
✖

It could be, but seldom is.
Add pictures here
✖

NOT when the speed limit is 55. If the speed limit is 65 or 70 then yes, but not when it's 55.
Add pictures here
✖
"Sal" ... Tomes" wrote:

NOT when the speed limit is 55. If the speed limit is 65 or 70 then yes, but not when it's 55. _______________________________________
Interesting that only one poster came up with this perspective.
I have personally known of one person who got a ticket for going 55 in the left lane on the Turnpike in NJ. That was 2 years ago. 'Obstructing the normal flow of traffic' was the charge as she was causing a line behind her.
Also the law in NJ: 1) Illegal to pass on the right and 2) Keep right and pass left. These are selectively enforced. Tomes
Add pictures here
✖

The same person who started this thread as well as another one about big SUVs and ended up posting a link to a study which he thought proved that big SUVs are less safe than small cars, despite the finding of the study. He's an unhappy troll.

I remember an article in the paper when the national speed limit was set at 55MPH during the Carter administration. There were several guys in So. Cal. who were pissed off that most people continued to drive at 65-70MPH, so they got together and drove 55MPH side by side on a Los Angeles freeway. All of them, including the driver in the far right lane were cited for obstructing traffic.

Personally, I drive to the right, except to pass (even if I have to change lanes several times over the course of a mile), or when the freeway junction or exit I wish to take is one of the left lanes, then I speed up to match the traffic in those lanes, regardless of the posted speed limit. Also, when on a mountain road or a highway with only one lane of traffic in my direction of travel and someone comes up behind me, I find the first place I can to pull over and let them pass, regardless of the speed I'm driving or the posted speed limit.
Courtesy and safety go both ways - don't tailgate and get out of the way of faster moving vehicles. My father taught me "you might be right, but you could be _dead_ right, too." For the sake of this thread, if some one is tailgating, yeah they are breaking the law (you may be too), but what's the harm in getting out of their way and possibly avoiding a crash?
Add pictures here
✖
Ed H. wrote:

Sometimes they're right on your tail, so you can't dodge into dirt turnouts when they suddenly come up because you might get rear ended. But if they're not, you can take the first practical turnout.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
✖
"Ed Light" ...

This makes me remember what I wanted to do a long time ago, which was to mount a camera [even a fake one] on a pedestal and have it rise up from the trunk or bumper with a sign on it saying 'TailgaterCam'. I always wondered how that would have played out... Tomes
Add pictures here
✖
Tomes, 6/23/2008,8:45:17 PM, wrote:

When I was in high school my friend was trying to race his German Ford Capri against a Dodge Challenger one night. We were right on the Dodge's butt and apparently the guy didn't like how close we were. Suddenly a bright light that had been integrated into the rear bumper lit up and blinded us enough to make my friend immediately back off and let the Dodge go. That was a very effective tailgater deterrent.
--
"Cunning and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Add pictures here
✖
on 6/23/2008 8:45 PM Tomes said the following:

My friend was a cop and his take home vehicle was an unmarked Ford Crown Vic with hidden EM lights and siren. Many times someone would come up right on his tail and hang there at less than a car length. My friend turned on the hidden EM lights for a second and the offender would drop back about 10 car lengths. Other times, when he was stuck in a pack and observed a driver that was in hurry and was making gestures to the cars in front of him/her, a tap on the siren calmed everyone down.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Dad wrote:

Thank you for your refreshingly perceptive post. Well put.
Whether we like it or not, we all lead by example.
John
Add pictures here
✖

Well put and I agree. Tomes
Add pictures here
✖
<snip>

Hey, let's all agree to let Sal proffer his crap and not reply to it.

Niggle: The double-nickel was mandated by the Nixon administration in 1974 as a reaction to the oil embargo crisis of 1973. It was continued until 1987 when states were allowed to raise their limits to 65 mph on some highways . In 1995 all federal limits were repealed, allowing states to decide their own limits.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
Add pictures here
✖