What the hell is this?

I changed out my emergency brake handle assembly in my '77. The lever was broken. Anyways...when I took apart the console I found this filter
thingy laying inside. It appears to have fallen in the counsole along with some spare change. My question is, is this a Corvette part?.. It has a screen down the full length of it, an O ring about 2/3 the way down. It's aproximately 3/8 of an inch in diameter at the widest. It's all plastic including the screen, has a small brass rod going through the center. Has an arrow embossed on the side which I presume is to show direction of flow. Anyone ever see something like this?
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pipelinor1/detail?.dir=/856cscd&.dnm 9bscd.jpg&.src=ph
Thanks... Jim
Inline a/c filter..!!!

an
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pipelinor1/detail?.dir=/856cscd&.dnm 9bscd.jpg&.src=ph
Looks like the orifice tube from the AC system. Was the AC from Freon 12?
Al

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pipelinor1/detail?.dir=/856cscd&.dnm 9bscd.jpg&.src=ph

I think its a crack pipe. Where did you get that car ?
kickstart