Where are the C6 racers

Spent the weekend at our autocross that our club puts on each year and besides being hot for 2 days standing on asphalt there seems to me to be a lack of C6 participation.

After the C5 came out in 3 years there were numerous C5s out there and many more with the Z06 being added the next year. The C6 has been out now into its fourth year with 2 weak years for the Z06 and there is now just a few showing up. Plus their times are being pushed by the older C5s.
Without getting into the pissing match about car modification and all the other excuses why has the racing crowd not received the C6?
Talking with some of the skilled drivers that have driven both they think the C6 just doesnt have the same personality for autocross as the C5. He then went out and borrowed a 07 Z06 and run second fastest time for the weekend only to be beat out later by a C4. Last year one of the top drivers drove my C6 and their feeling was that it was too heavy. The figures I have put that heavy remark at 6 pounds with a 5 (?) hp difference, pretty good seat of the pants analyses.
Fun weekend with lots of good Corvette folks, and a few dick heads to keep you on your toes.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51