Which is faster , '97 corvette 5.7 345 hp, or '01 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Supercharged ?

I've driven them both . The last on that I've driven ( the GPrix 2dr. ) really surprised me... Alot. But I can't make up my mind , Which is faster !!
Both are very nice car's. Whats your opinion ? Thanks for your thought's.
'97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Supercharger (also all the goodie's )
odyssey wrote:

If you didn't notice big differences that mattered to you the Pontiac would probably be the better choice -- better all-a-round car for New England winters.
OTOH, if you've got the garage space, buy both. -- pj
'Whats your opinion ? Thanks for your thought's. '97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Supercharger (also all the goodie's )'
REPLY: The corvette is likely to hold its value better , is Americas icon sports car with its long heritage, the body wont rust, you can join a local Corvette Club that goes on outings and meet new people, others will wave to you, and youll look better driving it if youre a tad on the egotistical side.
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:00:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Yeah, but can you get laid in the backseat?
--

"On a hot summer night, would you offer your
throat to the wolf with the red roses?"
'Yeah, but can you get laid in the backseat?
--

REPLY: No, and you wont catch 1 of over 33 circulating STD's which
68,000,000 americans have , either. It makes good sense to stay in the
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

Gas dropped 14 cents early this week and 12 cent on Friday, before you know it they will be giving out S&H green stamps. Premium, $2.85.
Sure wish you guys would cut dave's drivel out on reposts, now I have to go take a crap and brush my teeth again, not sure where that awful taste is coming from.
Dad wrote:

gotit ;-)
Down by more than 40 cents in the last two weeks. Great WX on the road today!! Nice ride -- great chow & good folk along the way.
Had forgotten the green stamp thing. One of my kids is still using a waffle iron we got with those books back in the '60s. IIRC a full book was worth $ 2.35.
OBTW, got to thinking about the momentary ping I was getting on winter gas. Recalled that the dyno-tune was done with summer gas.
Not sure what to make of that yet. -- pj
Dad wrote:

LOL Gotta be old to remember those!! :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

I own a 99FRC corvette and a 2002 Grand prix SE so I can comment at least from a handling perspective, in which there's absolutely no comparison as might be imagined.
240 hp lugging around a 3500 pound car or
345 hp lugging around a 3300 pound car.
you do the math
odyssey wrote:

I've driven them both . The last on that I've driven ( the GPrix 2dr. ) really surprised me... Alot. But I can't make up my mind , Which is faster !! Both are very nice car's. Whats your opinion ? Thanks for your thought's.
'97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Supercharger (also all the goodie's )
why don't you just ask your Mom which one to buy, obviously you cant make a decision on your own
kickstart
No Mom here , I've made up my mind ....It's the Vette . Thanks for your oponion's ...http://videos.streetfire.net:80/search/pontiac+grand+prix/0/47f82815-bab6-43ec-b776-9913006d4e19.htm I was sent this and also was surprized. But I already made up my mind. You can't beat a corvette, There a well made car.
driven them both . The last on that I've driven ( the GPrix 2dr. ) <BR>really surprised me... Alot. But I can't make up my mind , Which is faster <BR>!!<BR>Both are very nice car's. Whats your opinion ?&nbsp; Thanks for your thought's.<BR><BR>'97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 <BR>Supercharger (also all the goodie's )<BR><BR>why don't you just ask your Mom which one to buy, obviously you cant make a <BR>decision on your own<BR><BR>kickstart <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
'But I already made up my mind. You can't beat a corvette, There a well made car. '
REPLY: Just bear in mind that the 1997 was the first year for the new C6 generation Corvette ; and there were issues. Consumer Reports backs this up. Hopefully, the previous owner got them resolved . If it were me...id save a bit more for at least a 2000 Corvette .
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:32:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote:
:>'But I already made up my mind. You can't beat a corvette, There a well :>made car. :>' :> :>REPLY: Just bear in mind that the 1997 was the first year for the new :>C6 generation Corvette ;
C5 Gen.
:>and there were issues. Consumer Reports backs this up. :> Hopefully, the previous owner got them resolved . If it were me...id :>save a bit more for at least a 2000 Corvette .
'Just bear in mind that the 1997 was the first year for the new C6 generation Corvette ; '
C5 Gen.
REPLY: Opps...sorry ...i mean to say C5.
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've driven them both . The last on that I've driven ( the GPrix 2dr.&nbsp;) really surprised me... Alot. But I can't make up my mind , Which is faster !!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Both are very nice car's. Whats your opinion ?&nbsp; Thanks for your thought's.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>'97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01&nbsp;Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Supercharger (also all the goodie's )&nbsp;<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>-- <BR></FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>go bac'k and punc'h your thir'd grad'e teache'r in the mou'th for not explaining plurals and possessives </FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>RS<BR>2006 FLSTNI<BR>2002 1200C<BR>1991 FLSTF<BR>"What shall we use to fill the empty spaces where we use to talk?"</FONT></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000802070802050000030005 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Grand Prix is Front Wheel Drive....... That is just plain wrong, no matter how you slice it! LOL
odyssey wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler