Which Would You Suggest? '05 or '06

I'm giving a lot of thought to trading into an '05 or '06...anyone have any preferences or know of any negatives or positives with either year?
Thanks,
Cyndy

No doubt they fixed some of the '05 issues, yeah, right. The only disadvantage to the '05 is the sloppy shift gate that has to be negotiated to "ALWAYS" put it in reverse to shut down. If not done correctly it is not turned off completely and will drain your battery. I hear the "feature" was eliminated on the '06, I wonder why? They liked the shifter rattle in the C5 so well they kept it for the new C6. My preference would be the 6 speed paddle shift automatic of the '06, better gear ratios and a number of problems have been with the 6 speed manual. The '05 has the tried and true 4 speed automatic with overdrive, nearly bullet proof. If you are going with the automatic it's up for grabs which you chose, if it's a standard shift get the '06. YMMV
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Depends on your car, the difference in price can be offset by less gas mileage. It will most assuredly show a performance drop although very little of either. I seldom used it in my C5s and have yet to try it in the C6. I do use it in my '72 of course and my lawn mower.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

3 months ago during the coldest month in Detroit. Actually the gas prices may soften the market a little this summer. Deal when you don't care if you get it or not, you'll deal allot sharper.
If you wanna save money I would look into the 05's. My regional manager just picked up a new 05 Mag Red vert for 10K under MSRP.
Thanks....sounds like a great deal............I would not want red..........there is a gorgeous blue...or black and I know I would hate it because it would scream to be washed most every day.........
We'll see.................I do LOVE my Pewter
Cyndy
Thanks again Dad................'preciate your advise!