will this fit in the back of a C6??

Page 1 of 2
i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...
just thinking about those trips out of town and wondering if this item would fit in the back......???
http://www.caroholic.com/62_centaur.htm
regards
Harry '64 coupe downunder
The size isn't the problem (16x20x32), it weighs 90 lb dry so that plus liquid you would have to lift over the rear of the car. Hoisting that weight to chest height at arms length to get it out of the cargo area would take a bit of doing. I think one of those little electric scooters would be a more likely prospect.
hmmmmmm wrote:

==========The link the OP gave just did not work for me....so I really do not know what he was specifically asking about...
BUT I do carry a 3 wheeled Pride Sundancer Mobility Scooter in the back of my 64 Convertible WITH THE TOP DOWN... when I go to Carlisle etc... Have to break it down and have to put it back together when I get wheer I am going...BUT that honestly is a 4-5 minute job ...
Been doing this at Carlisle for 4-5 years ever since Claudication in my legs limited my walking ability and I could no longer walk all 82 acres at Carlisle...
There is plenty of room in the back of Mid Year Vettes to haul "your stuff"
Bob G 64 72 & 98 Ragtops 76 & 79 Coupes
I once fit a 42" plasma TV into the back of a C4. Found a deal on it, bought it, then remembered I was driving the Corvette that day. It fit snugly at all four sides.
In hindsight, it looked kind of cool. Run it off an an inverter and it would look like something from the Pimp My Ride TV show.

Not quite a correct statement, it will handle one bag of golf clubs, not always 2. There is plenty of room left for the passengers seat to pack more clothes for a weekend stay than it takes to outfit a small army.
I personally have no need for gasoline in a vented fuel system in the cabin of a C6 , let alone the probable fuel, rubber, and oil smell.

The size will interfere with the back glass sitting length ways on the back axle against the back of the ridge by the front seats and will only fit laying on it's side. If you're strong enough to lift that thing in an out on your trips I would think you could just run to any side trips less than 20 miles that you wanted to see.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

oh yeah,
and Happy 4th o' July guys!!
regards
Harry

Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit TWO golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars or another one to go golfing. Rob

That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of clubs and a soccer ball.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

================No Sorry .... I do not care for the large rear window.. just not my thing, and nothing against owners of coupes... thats what the at least give us a choice... LOL
Bob G.
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:36:30 -0400, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:
:> :>> :>>You guys need a coupe. :) Our C6 accommodated quite comfortably :>>our two fully loaded parachute bags, a hunting rifle and ammo, and our :>>two beagles when we took an 8 hour trip from Maryland to Rhode Island. :>> :>>
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u20/ninety7gt/ReadyToRoll.jpg :>> :>>A quick image before I sent it through photoshop cleanup. :>================:>No Sorry .... :>I do not care for the large rear window.. just not my thing, and :>nothing against owners of coupes... thats what the at least give us a :>choice... LOL
Yep, different strokes as they say. Our 05 is a DD so the coupe was the way to go. Even used it to take a bag a trash to the dump last Saturday. Got some strange looks from the pickup boys.....
:>Bob G.
They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power top here. http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx
Dad wrote:

Bob I wrote:

The claim is correct. "Two large bags." Works if you're playing a 3-par -- no driver, just irons & short putter.
Porsche has always made a *very* big thing about this. GM learned, early-on that it's a major sales factor.
-- pj

As long as that second set of clubs, in a bag, are not longer than 43 inches they will fit, a woman's driver is 44/44.5. The fairway woods wood make it but some time they have to tee up. I really can't comment on the convertible though as I've never had a C6 that wasn't a coupe, 2 sets were not an issue in a C5 though. There is no problem traveling in the C6 with a 53" double rifle case but even that has to be on edge to carry another 50" case with the smaller rifles. As for the golf bags you will be restricted to a 11" diameter for the one over 43". By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect at speed. Of course that shouldn't bother anyone as they troddle off to the local golf course for a day of shooting birdies.
Dad wrote:

I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the tail though.

Are you really married ?
IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2 days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last time we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...
Bob G.
Bob G. wrote:

It's not the plastic car that's the problem, it's the plastic card(s)! ...pj
Bob G., wrote the following at or about 7/9/2007 10:42 AM:

Can't beat the laws of physics, especially the one that says "Your stuff will expand to exceed the amount of available storage space."

How about, "Expenditures rise to meet income."
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops) *
* - currently two sets of golf clubs in the back (really)