will this fit in the back of a C6??

i know corvette boot space is limited to a golf bag etc, but...

just thinking about those trips out of town and wondering if this item would fit in the back......???

regards

Harry '64 coupe downunder

Reply to
hmmmmmm

Bob I

I once fit a 42" plasma TV into the back of a C4. Found a deal on it, bought it, then remembered I was driving the Corvette that day. It fit snugly at all four sides.

In hindsight, it looked kind of cool. Run it off an an inverter and it would look like something from the Pimp My Ride TV show.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Not quite a correct statement, it will handle one bag of golf clubs, not always 2. There is plenty of room left for the passengers seat to pack more clothes for a weekend stay than it takes to outfit a small army.

I personally have no need for gasoline in a vented fuel system in the cabin of a C6 , let alone the probable fuel, rubber, and oil smell.

The size will interfere with the back glass sitting length ways on the back axle against the back of the ridge by the front seats and will only fit laying on it's side. If you're strong enough to lift that thing in an out on your trips I would think you could just run to any side trips less than 20 miles that you wanted to see.

Reply to
Dad

=========== The link the OP gave just did not work for me....so I really do not know what he was specifically asking about...

BUT I do carry a 3 wheeled Pride Sundancer Mobility Scooter in the back of my 64 Convertible WITH THE TOP DOWN... when I go to Carlisle etc... Have to break it down and have to put it back together when I get wheer I am going...BUT that honestly is a 4-5 minute job ...

Been doing this at Carlisle for 4-5 years ever since Claudication in my legs limited my walking ability and I could no longer walk all 82 acres at Carlisle...

There is plenty of room in the back of Mid Year Vettes to haul "your stuff"

Bob G

64 72 & 98 Ragtops 76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

thanx for the kind responses guys,

there's a bit of an issue with my current ride being that it has the N03 big tank option and let's just say that "going away" space is juuuuust a little squeezy!

anything more than a toothbrush and a pair of jocks/boxers etc and there ain't much room to move....

i am always looking to add another vette to the stable, but i just saw an ad in the paper couple days ago for a 2006 Z06 soemeone's trying to flog downunder,for AU$216,000.00!!!

maybe next year.....

thanx again

Reply to
hmmmmmm

oh yeah,

and Happy 4th o' July guys!!

regards

Harry

Reply to
hmmmmmm

Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit TWO golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars or another one to go golfing. Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of clubs and a soccer ball.

Reply to
Dad

:>> Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit :>> TWO golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette :>> drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars :>> or another one to go golfing. :>> Rob :>That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to :>you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of :>clubs and a soccer ball.

You guys need a coupe. :) Our C6 accommodated quite comfortably our two fully loaded parachute bags, a hunting rifle and ammo, and our two beagles when we took an 8 hour trip from Maryland to Rhode Island.

A quick image before I sent it through photoshop cleanup.

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Reply to
Bob I

The claim is correct. "Two large bags." Works if you're playing a 3-par -- no driver, just irons & short putter.

Porsche has always made a *very* big thing about this. GM learned, early-on that it's a major sales factor.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

As long as that second set of clubs, in a bag, are not longer than 43 inches they will fit, a woman's driver is 44/44.5. The fairway woods wood make it but some time they have to tee up. I really can't comment on the convertible though as I've never had a C6 that wasn't a coupe,

2 sets were not an issue in a C5 though. There is no problem traveling in the C6 with a 53" double rifle case but even that has to be on edge to carry another 50" case with the smaller rifles. As for the golf bags you will be restricted to a 11" diameter for the one over 43". By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect at speed. Of course that shouldn't bother anyone as they troddle off to the local golf course for a day of shooting birdies.
Reply to
Dad

I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the tail though.

Reply to
Bob I

:>By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing :>the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect :>at speed.

How much weight are you talking about Dad? We had two dogs [ combined weight 80 lbs ] two parachute bags weighing easily 50 lbs apiece, a hunting rifle in soft case @ 8 lbs, and a military ammo can weighing approx. 30 lbs.. Add an extra pair of sneakers tucked into the left rear cubby, assorted bags of loose stuff for the dogs [ leashes, water bowl for the trip ] gifts for the family etc, and a

17" laptop in a carry bag behind the passenger seat, and that puts us at close to 268 additional lbs. I gotta tell ya Dad, if you're talking about those kinds of added weight then our experience is the complete opposite of what you've felt. We went hammer and tongs for 8 hours averaging 75mph and had no noticeable feeling at speed due to the extra weight. What we did feel were the crappy road conditions on the interstates in New Jersey and parts of New York. Tsk, tsk NJ and NY...all those tolls and you can't fix your interstate highways ?
Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

================= No Sorry .... I do not care for the large rear window.. just not my thing, and nothing against owners of coupes... thats what the at least give us a choice... LOL

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Are you really married ?

IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2 days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last time we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

It's not the plastic car that's the problem, it's the plastic card(s)! ...pj

Reply to
PJ

Bob G., wrote the following at or about 7/9/2007 10:42 AM:

Can't beat the laws of physics, especially the one that says "Your stuff will expand to exceed the amount of available storage space."

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The simple answer is a big back window coupe, traveled 3 weeks, 12,000 miles, with 3 of her hard side suitcases and my duffel bag with no problem.

Reply to
Dad