Window tinting - rear glass 2000 Hardtop Corvette

On the 2000 hardtop Corvette rear glass there are alot of these little black dots at the top of the window. The tinter said that the tint would not stick and it will look bad.

Has anyone had this problem on their hardtop and any recommendations as to who and how it should and could be tinted?

One person suggested getting some solid black tint from the area of the black dots and then regular tint below that.

Reply to
Bababooey

Just had my 99 done. From the inside you can't tell a difference. From the outside you can see the areas on top where the tint does not wrap around the dots as tight as you'd want. My window was done 2 weeks ago and the area has gotten smaller. My friend has his 03 done before mine at the same place with the same type film and his area is real small. My Lexus has the dots on the back and it too has a few areas that look like this. Before the company did my car they went over this quite explicitly and even showed me two examples. However since I live in Vegas it wasn't an option and I had it done. Let me know if your interested in seeing some pics and I'll send them to you.

Reply to
JG

Cover the black dots with black vinyl. Then do the whole window with tint.. MIne has the non stick area around the dots.. can't see from the insode, only the oputside. One note--- this is kind of big--- They use a heat gun on the tint while they're installing it. Heating the glass real hot in one spot can make the window shatter.

-Stan

Reply to
sbright