WTD: LS1 engine and 6 spd tranny

I'm looking for a used LS1 engine and matching 6 spd tranny, harness, accessories, computer, etc.. It's to drop in a 1957 Vette. If you know of one that is reasonably priced contact me. Thanks

they're everywhere I got one for my 57, LS1 with the automatic trans. You need to buy the Painless Wiring kit for engine/fuel inj management it has its own computer Mine's not done yet , hopefully only a few more weeks kickstart

Not a chance of using the Corvette engine/transmission without major modifications. Most are using the Camaro LS1 setup that eliminates the rear mounted transmission. Like the old days I'm sure it will be called a Corvette engine. Like the first modification used back then was to change the valve covers so you had a Corvette engine. Today just add a couple of decals and a fat muffler tip and BINGO, 700 HP. ;-p
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

My preference would be the LS1, who cares what people think if it's from a Camaro? Nothing against the LT1, just have grown fond of the smoothness and power of the LS1.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Eugene Blanchard wrote: